Cessna 310Q download without glass!

Downwind66

Okay, I've finally come across one freeware download that has really tried my patience! I've been trying to find a Cessna 310 freeware download, with little luck! Rob Richardson 310 looked like a good possibility, but his efforts require SP2 which I do not have.

Recently, I found an update for a Rey Lopez 310Q by Bob Chicilo. I tried that and when opening the aircraft, it spins around in pieces, so it too looks like SP2 might be warranted? Bob references the original FS2002 Rey Lopez listing, RLC310Q.ZIP (is still available on this site's library). I am running FSX, have downloaded many FS2004 aircraft and have made them work by adding an FSX panel and FSX sound folder, SO, why not try this FS2002 download?

All went well, and yes, had to replace the original panel and sound folders with FSX and wow, I now have a nice Cessna 310 aircraft, that is, if you don't mind one without glass. I am at a stopping point here! Read some articles which talks about ALPHA channels and transparency, way above my head! I can't go to the original developer, as I understand, Ray Lopez has passed away. Closest I can get to Ray's work would be the updates Bob Chicilo has offered up, tried those, and those did not work for me.

Looking for suggestions please!

2021-5-10_7-19-55-968.jpg

I have, conceded defeat before, and I might have to do it again on this one! But, I figured I would put it out there to see if anyone might know how I can get glass on this aircraft!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Hi, Rick!

I did have a very similar problem a few years ago when installing some of Milton's new aircraft. All were beautiful except it looked like the

person who was suppose to install all of the glass did not do his job. Pretty much the same as what your picture showed.

Check your ShadersHLSL folder to be sure you have all of the ones I show. I was missing the Common folder, which il88pp had discovered when I showed a screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-05-10 5.34.27 AM.png

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Have you tried the C310 by Brett Henderson & Alejandro Rojas Lucena available to download from simviation.com, scroll down this page to find it.

Yes, thanks Paul, I did try that and it was like Bob Chicilo's 310! The closest I have gotten is with they Rey Lopez download!

Thanks for responding! - Rick :cool::cool:

Hi, Rick!

I did have a very similar problem a few years ago when installing some of Milton's new aircraft. All were beautiful except it looked like the

person who was suppose to install all of the glass did not do his job. Pretty much the same as what your picture showed.

Check your ShadersHLSL folder to be sure you have all of the ones I show. I was missing the Common folder, which il88pp had discovered when I showed a screenshot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]226240[/ATTACH]

Thanks Charlie, I have all of them except for the Post Process! Would that make a difference and where can I find this animal for downloading? :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Charlie

I could go back to some of my backups see if it is in one of them?

Went all the way back to the 11/1/2018 backup, still missing the Post Process.

Could there be a missing file from the Common folder that you had problems with?

Rick

Edited by Downwind66

Charlie

I could go back to some of my backups see if it is in one of them?

Went all the way back to the 11/1/2018 backup, still missing the Post Process.

Could there be a missing file from the Common folder that you had problems with?

Rick

This is my "Common folder" contents.

Screenshot 2021-05-10 11.10.14 AM.png

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Charlie - I was hoping something would jump out and bite me on the nose, but, not so! Oh well, I tried and I do appreciate your help just the same!

Have a nice evening! Let me go fly my Beech and Piper twins! :rolleyes:

Have you tried the C310 by Brett Henderson & Alejandro Rojas Lucena available to download from simviation.com, scroll down this page to find it.

2021-5-11_8-4-15-771.jpg

Paul - I gave up on the Cessna 310 (for now)! Went with one of yours, very nice job you did on this one! Runs like a "scalded dog" and it's got GLASS! Keeps my hair in place and all is good! :rolleyes: Thanks!

• 7 months later...