Thread: Article: Review: Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 For MSFS 2020

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 For MSFS 2020

2. Default

Again with the insane prices for half-functional models! Their P3D CRJ is, however, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyjr View Post
    Again with the insane prices for half-functional models! Their P3D CRJ is, however, amazing.
    Unsure with what you mean by "half functional". I had a Real CRJ pilot go through all the systems and he found almost all of them to work exactly as they should

I've become amused since realizing many IRL pilots tend to gloss over the relatively minor deficiencies in addons these days, yet so many simmers declare the same addon to be "unusable" after discovering the slightest inaccuracy or unreliability.

And while it IS cool to watch a properly programmed modern airliner essentially fly itself through complicated flight plans for hours at a time, it also becomes extremely boring in short order.

Maybe it's because I mainly fly military jets, which have extremely basic auto-pilots, and i'm simply accustomed to hand-flying almost the entire flight, even if it's a "Cat III" approach. It's far more satisfying to hand fly the aircraft in difficult conditions than get upset with the addon programmers because the autopilot isn't programmed reliably.

It's good to hear the IRL CRJ pilot was impressed with this addon, and the CRJ seems like a good fit for my interest in airliner ops: short haul flights with lots of "that pilot stuff" happening.
    Last edited by clankilp; 05-11-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: a word