New to the A320 in FS2020, Is this normal or am I Missing something?

As the tittle says, I've got everything working, everything is working just as it should but is the aircraft suppose Ice Up like that? :confused:

There's ICe Everywhere Tail, Wings, Nose, including the engines ect ect??? Am I Missing Something?

51164349708_d13640f972_k.jpg1 by Abel Rios, on Flickr

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Looks like you are pretty high up there! Could be ice, happens at higher altitudes!

They used to use an old guideline 2* drop per 1000' , don't know if that changes after a certain altitude?

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

That old guideline of 2* drop per 1000' of altitude is probably okay for lower altitudes, but, if you were flying at 30000' you should certainly see a larger drop in outside temp than 60*, that's for sure!

Just out of curiosity, at what altitude were you flying when you captured that screenshot you posted?

Rick :cool:

35.000FT Following a Live Flight of My Parents flying to Tampa.

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

I once saw a B-767 after a flight from Korea, up close. It SHOCKED me just how much ice was around the bottom side of the wingroot area... took many hours before it melted away.

I've no idea if that's common or very very rare, as we didn't normally have intercontinental flights arrive at the ramp I worked at.