New Glitch -- Plane Won't Budge!

This is new in the past month: Release parking brake, throttle up to max, yet the plane will not budge. The speedometer registers full speed . . . and yet. I thought it might be a problem peculiar to some addon liveries, but sometimes the same livery works fine on the following day; so it's not an addon problem. Yesterday it was the Socata Trinidad GT, and the Diamond D62. Last month, it was the Beechcraft Kingair, Textron livery.

It seems reloading the flight (not the sim!) fixes the problem -- at least sometimes.

Hard to file a ticket with Zendesk if there's no consistency in the occurrence.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mac6737

This is new in the past month: Release parking brake, throttle up to max, yet the plane will not budge. The speedometer registers full speed . . . and yet. I thought it might be a problem peculiar to some addon liveries, but sometimes the same livery works fine on the following day; so it's not an addon problem. Yesterday it was the Socata Trinidad GT, and the Diamond D62. Last month, it was the Beechcraft Kingair, Textron livery.

It seems reloading the flight (not the sim!) fixes the problem -- at least sometimes.

Mac6737

How often does it happen? Maybe you could capture it & attach the clip to a Zendesk report, then at least Asobo will see it happen.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

No, I have never seen this. I strongly suspect this is a problem created by an addon rather than anything inherent to the program.

Have you tried removing all the addons and testing if the phenomena is still present?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Have seen this a couple of times, on C172 and BE36, it's also been reported a couple of times on the MSFS Official forum but as far as I know nobody has yet found a cause or been able to replicate it.

As said, best solution seems to be to restart the flight. I've persevered with full throttle and "waggling" the controls, such as you would if bogged down on soft ground, and eventually it's freed itself.

Ive had similar things happen with the A320Neo.

I have the Logitech Rudder Pedals. I hit the toe brakes a time or two and then it releases.

It's weird thats for sure.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I have had something similar on occasion. I use the "P" button for parking break and sometimes when I go to disengage it shows it disengaged but the wheels are still locked. I just reset the brake then release it again and it cures the issue.

I've experienced it several times. It happens to me if I mouse click an ATC response. Afterwards the focus is still in the ATC window. A mouse click anywhere else in the cockpit would resolve it.

I have experienced the tug being connected even when it is not visible which prevented my plane from moving so you might want to try to disconnect it even if you didn't connect it to begin with - just a thought.

Mac6737