CaptainSim C130 will not install.

rhodges

Unfortunately, Captainsim no longer supports this bird, so I thought I would see if anyone here has had this experience and knows a solution.

I have tried all of the suggestions on the Captsim forum and website with no good results. I also downloaded and tried to install fresh downloads.

When I try to install this plane and/or the base Boeing 757-200, I enter my order numbers and then when I click to go to the next step, I get the following error message:

"Error code #11. Please report to: support@captainsim.com. One or more error4s were found in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate sent by the server."

I have everything backed up, so I tried simply copying my backups of these planes. Everything works fine, but the planes have no landing gear. The props disappear too once the engines are started.

This is only the case in FS9. The 757-200 installs with no problems in FSX, but unfortunately, The C-130 is not available for FSX.

Any ideas?

RTH

Hi.

I believe there's no direct solution specifically for the CS version, but read on.

C-130 support ended... then they changed their server. With no more support the installer wasn't updated for connection to the new server.

The only solution I've found is... the CS addon was marketed by Just Flight for a while and released on DVD. It doesn't need authentication or registering. There are several for sale on ebay.

The only downsides are 1. the IAS hold doesn't work and 2. there's no J variant. Otherwise, it's exactly the same addon.

(The missing gear & gauges & props is part of CS's copy-protection: something somewhere must be written to the registry. It's why enquiries on their forum re. the missing parts were frequently met with blunt replies)

D

-------

Incidentally, here's a very recent thread. You might have some luck at SimMarket, but their Requirements list notes that XP is required and Vista is not compatible. Infer what you will about newer operating systems...

As possible reason for the issue is that the Captain Sim website has changed....

It use to be captainsim.com (as per your error message) but if you try to go there you will get an error message...

The new website and support forum is now at captainsim.net - here is a direct LINK

Go there and they may be able to help you will your problem...

Regards

Brian

Unfortunately, Captainsim no longer supports this bird, so I thought I would see if anyone here has had this experience and knows a solution.

I have tried all of the suggestions on the Captsim forum and website with no good results. I also downloaded and tried to install fresh downloads.

When I try to install this plane and/or the base Boeing 757-200, I enter my order numbers and then when I click to go to the next step, I get the following error message:

"Error code #11. Please report to: support@captainsim.com. One or more error4s were found in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate sent by the server."

I have everything backed up, so I tried simply copying my backups of these planes. Everything works fine, but the planes have no landing gear. The props disappear too once the engines are started.

This is only the case in FS9. The 757-200 installs with no problems in FSX, but unfortunately, The C-130 is not available for FSX.

Any ideas?

RTH

Hi my friend,

I did had the same issue as you encounter now.

But i did get an offline key that you have to store in a secure place.

https://www.captainsim.com/activ/offline.php

Follow instructions and ready to fly

http://www.worldwidevirtual.net/common/images/signatures/WW2634.png