For whatever reason, as of this morning I've been unable to complete a flight in my go-to a/c the TBM930. Every flight I attempt ends fairly quickly after engaging AP. I've flown many of these routes multiple times so it's not something I'm unfamiliar with. I even tried removing the WT G3000 mod to see if that was the cause but the default G3000 Nav system resulted in exactly the same thing.

I take off, follow the runway heading for a short time while climbing to assigned altitude, then engage A/P first on HDG mode (as I usually do to get some distance from the airport) then switch over to NAV mode and it will begin tracking correctly and then within several seconds to maybe a minute into the flight the plane seems to disengage AP and starts to change heading (even though the magenta line remains on course) and then begin a fast downward spiral and crash.

I've been flying this plane almost exclusively for the past couple of weeks and it's been a joy to fly with very few issues and now, overnight I can't fly it. Nothing in my system has changed. It's another head-scratcher as to WTF goes on inside this sim. :confused:

Sorry to hear you are having problems. The TBM is my go to aircraft.

I'm curious if this happens in any other aircraft will performing a similar set of circumstances?

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I take off, follow the runway heading for a short time while climbing to assigned altitude, then engage A/P first on HDG mode (as I usually do to get some distance from the airport) then switch over to NAV mode and it will begin tracking correctly and then within several seconds to maybe a minute into the flight the plane seems to disengage AP and starts to change heading (even though the magenta line remains on course) and then begin a fast downward spiral and crash.

Could some of your button maps have possibly moved causing a conflict as described in previous posts. Its possible you have multiple inputs conflicting.

I fly the TBM on a clean system no mods of any kind and it still works.... From my experience keeping the sim clean ie. no mods of any kind I never had problems with any of the planes beyond the usual MS bugs..... I'd want to be 100% sure the base programme in this case MSFS2020 is working correctly before even looking at mods.... that way when you do eventually mod you know where the problems are instead of compounding problems on top of problems, which results in not knowing where the key problem is like a mad dog spinning around trying to catch it's tail...... Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

It is understandable that you would ascribe your good performance of MSFS to the absence of add-ons. The only problem with this is, I know of very few, if any, problems that have been encountered with MSFS that have been traced to add-ons. Personally I have nearly 700 addons, used as needed for particular flights via Addon-Manager, and I have never yet had a single problem caused by a mod. In several cases I have had issues that were eliminated by MSFS updates; in others, it was simply something I was doing wrong -- but never, so far anyway, has an addon been the culprit. Just reporting.