Airbus hdg autopilot

I'm unable to set ap heading with the Airbus. I've managed to get alt and speed to work but whichever the heading set, it always wants to turn left. There's no flight plan, I start the flight with everything on and no arrival set. I'm pretty sure that fd must be on but in any case I've tried with it off as well. Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance.

Roy

Make sure the HDG selector is in Manual mode, not Managed mode. If you have cockpit tooltips on, hovering the mouse over the selector should pop up a label showing the currently active mode. Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Make sure the HDG selector is in Manual mode, not Managed mode. If you have cockpit tooltips on, hovering the mouse over the selector should pop up a label showing the currently active mode.

Thanks for quick reply. Yes it is manual mode. It works with alt and speed, I've been looking at tutorials on youtube which is how I got to where I am now. It's so strange that it wants to turn left.

I wonder if it's following the Course instead? Check that the compass rose indicator is reading Nav1 instead of FMC.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I wonder if it's following the Course instead? Check that the compass rose indicator is reading Nav1 instead of FMC.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

First of all many thanks to all of you who have given your time to help me. I have not had time to check out your suggestions and as soon as I do I'll report. But the big news is that I've discovered there may well be a bug. I've said it keeps turning left which means it's going round in circles and this is what's been reported in the following. This may be of help to someone else.

If you're using the FlyByWire A32NX mod and have your controller's deadzones set to at least 10%, this circling behaviour shouldn't happen.

If you're using the FlyByWire A32NX mod and have your controller's deadzones set to at least 10%, this circling behaviour shouldn't happen.

Tim, thanks for the suggestion, I've set deadzone at 13%. It seems to mostly work which for me is a huge satisfaction. It will keep to the heading but occasionaly start to turn, some times after a few minutes and sometimes for about 45, a gentle touch on the joystick (Logitech Extreme 3D) and it will go to the set heading, but that's ok for me. What I don't understand is the plane I'm flying is the Airbus 320NEO, the one in the sim, I've just given it an airline livery, but you mention FlyByWire mod, what's that? I hope i'm not being a pain with all these questions.

Cheers

Roy

Not at all, glad to help. You can find out everything about the FlyByWire mod on their website here: https://flybywiresim.com/ as well as a download link for the actual mod, which now creates a separate A320 aircraft to the default A320Neo.

They also have a very active Discord channel which is the best place to keep up with the latest developments and ask questions directly to the developers: https://discord.com/channels/738864299392630914/751774340629921853