Scenery FSX.CFG file problem

Hello there.

I recently had an issue where I had a SPACE in front of my Steam folder directory so removed this. It was causing all sorts of issues with Train Simulator which is why I changed it.

However, it seems to have rather messed up my Scenery.CFG file as now I have a load of incorrect directory warnings clearly because it is still including the SPACE in front of the Steam folder. e.g. D:// Steam rather than D://Steam.

How would I go about changing the directories as I assume that would fix the problem? I don't have any real knowledge of the Scenery.CFG file either.

Many thanks,

Hi...

Try this....

Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and locate the scenery.cfg file.

Make a backup copy of the file and store in a safe place.

Open the scenery.cfg file in Notepad.

You will see the entries for your scenery - they will look similar to this example...

[Area.472]

Local=Addon Scenery\LSZA Lugano AP

Title=LSZA Lugano AP

Required=FALSE

Active=TRUE

Layer=472

The Local= entry is the entry that tells FSX where to find the scenery files...this will need amending for EACH entry

Simply remove the 'space' for each problem entry and then save the file....do not rename it.

If you make a mistake you can use the back up to create a new copy and start again.

For more info on the scenery.cfg file and how it work see the info I have posted in this THREAD...

Note my suggestion in that thread regarding using a program called Scenery Config Editor - if you download and install it BEFORE attempting what I have said above you can use its inbuilt editor to make the changes.... it will also highlight the problem areas for you...

Regards

Brian

Hmm I can't find the below directory which is a bit of an issue?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

As Wim has pointed out the folder may be hidden by default....

Also, further to my last post...you may find that Local= entry may state Remote= instead...

If this is the case simply change Remote= to Local=

Regards

Brian