For the Three Monitor Experience....

What piece of hardware is needed? I have a smaller 17 inch monitor I like to use for map program that I bought to use with MSFS to show my position, then I have the RealSim Gear GNS530, and of course my main monitor. What piece of hardware do I need to get all three plugged into the main HDMI port and to be able to be on at the same time?

I appreciate all the help. Thanks in advance.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

How many inputs does your GPU have?

When you set it up, change your display settings to "extend desktop"

Mine has 1 HDMI and 3 Display ports.

I tried using 3 screens for a wrap around effect but it didnt look right even when set up correctly. The side monitors looked stretched.

Im using a 2 27 inch 144hz monitors right 1080p monitors. Both are using HDMI inputs. The one directly in the center is set up as the main video and the other monitor is where i put Res Weatherforce 2020 and Lil Nav map plus all nav/camera icon bars.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Yeah, mine has the Three Display ports. So does that mean, they should all just plug in by Display ports into each of the Ports and then keep my GNS 530 on the HDMI since that requires HDMI? No additional hardware needed then? I have an 11gb RTX 2080ti
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

You should be good to go. Just plug em into GPU. Then configure which one you want to be monitor #1 and the rest accordingly.

Now are you going to try and stretch the video across all of them or just use 1 for the main monitor and then the others as holding your other instruments/map/weather etc??

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Hi,

stretching the view across three screens isn’t perfect but you still get the immersion. I have three 43” Tv’s plugged into my RTX2080ti and they work ok. You can’t run on the highest resolution though.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

What sort of performance loss would you expect from a 3 monitor system using the same graphics card? I have an RTX3070.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

What sort of performance loss would you expect from a 3 monitor system using the same graphics card? I have an RTX3070.

I don’t really have time to check into this at the moment. I would normally say using three screens reduces the performance by two thirds, that’s why I would run my (4K) televisions at the low(ish) resolution and I would still get reasonable FPS with FS on hi-ultra settings. using just one screen the FPS would shoot up.

I tend to use VR nowadays even though I’ve got the three screens. With me using vr (with high-ultra settings) I keep the non-VR settings on low.

I’ve just booted up flight sim for a minute or two using my TVs..with my plane just sat there without starting up or anything, at Leeds/Bradford. Stretching it across all three barely made any difference at all!

When I ran on just one screen (in full screen mode) I was getting around 56fps - back into windowed mode and stretched across all three, it gave me about 54fps.

Presumably this I because I have all the flight sim graphics settings to “low” so the GPU isn’t being put under too much pressure and I wasn’t even flying.

I was still surprised the FPS didn’t drop though.

I’ll have to do more experimenting when I’ve got time.

Of course you may do even better with your 3070 graphics card.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

How many inputs does your GPU have?

When you set it up, change your display settings to "extend desktop"

Mine has 1 HDMI and 3 Display ports.

I tried using 3 screens for a wrap around effect but it didnt look right even when set up correctly. The side monitors looked stretched.

Im using a 2 27 inch 144hz monitors right 1080p monitors. Both are using HDMI inputs. The one directly in the center is set up as the main video and the other monitor is where i put Res Weatherforce 2020 and Lil Nav map plus all nav/camera icon bars.

Got 'em working, thanks!