Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Benefits of Paying Attention

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Read forums, any of them.

I’m simply tired of reading posts with people who have genuine issues with MSFS and the fanboys telling them because they themselves are not having the same problem it doesn’t exist.

Don’t bash other people if you have no idea how hardware and software works yourself.
    I don't recall bashing anyone. I simply wanted to know your source or numbers for your statements. And you should not make comments about people that you don't know (bashing strangers). Also, you have no idea what my knowledge level is regarding computers.

I may not be up to the standard you think you are at, but I know from years of writing computer code that the only thing constant in computing is the program code. Everyone running a particular piece of software is using the same program code. The variables are the hardware and the user. The software is not responsible for differences or faults in the hardware or the users.

I do read the forums, but you are forgetting something that I would imagine describes you as well as a lot of others. You must own many products that are in some way associated with forums. Is it your policy to go onto those forums and tell how good things work for you?

Yes, I run MSFS. No, it is not perfect on my system, but it is the same program code that everyone else runs, problems or not.

I just do not think, and my opinion only, that the vast majority of users are having the level of problems that you think they are.

If your are tired of reading the posts, why do you read them?

Hal
    Alienware Aurora R8, I7-9700K, 32g memory, 1t NVMe boot drive, 2 - 1t SSD for MSFS, 1t SAT drive for storage, RTX 2070 Super 8g,

Several points.
    In today's threads, two issues came up 1) an un controllable roll and 2) a stutter and CTD problem. The roll issue turned out to result from a mapping error of a joystick, and the CTD turned out to be a combination of insufficient storage space and a consequent failure to update Windows. Neither problem suggests instability in the program.
    Second, I find it interesting while admonishing not to "bash" others, the OP addresses the forum participants as "fanboys", hmm?
    Third, as a mature scientist in my 70s, I don't think the term "fanboy" really fits!
    Fourth, You have not even run the program, so you have ZERO actual knowledge!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    Second, I find it interesting while admonishing not to "bash" others, the OP addresses the forum participants as "fanboys", hmm?
    I'm not the OP to start with.

I'd respond to everything but it'll just be a waste of time and likely get deleted.
    Some games have what you can only call fanboys. Sorry, there is no other term appropriate.
    I've been called a troll by these fanboys more than once so let's not pretend some of us are a little higher than others. lol

Ok, the game has no bugs or problems. Enjoy!
    Mark Daniels

Michael,
    I am glad some comment was helpful! Thank you!
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Here we go again. This thread repeats a pattern seen over and over, in which a serious discussion of issues in MSFS is hijacked by a particular individual with no actual experience in running the program, who makes ridiculous unsubstantiated charges -- e.g., that others are saying that MSFS has no problems (I have never once heard anyone say this) and -- worst of all -- is unfailingly negative. I am not aware that this person has ever made a single positive contribution to this or any other forum. Indeed the inevitable result in most of the discussions he infects is that it is terminated. Frankly, I am thoroughly fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Here we go again. This thread repeats a pattern seen over and over, in which a serious discussion of issues in MSFS is hijacked by a particular individual with no actual experience in running the program, who makes ridiculous unsubstantiated charges -- e.g., that others are saying that MSFS has no problems (I have never once heard anyone say this) and -- worst of all -- is unfailingly negative. I am not aware that this person has ever made a single positive contribution to this or any other forum. Indeed the inevitable result in most of the discussions he infects is that it is terminated. Frankly, I am thoroughly fed up.
    You are obsessed with me.
    Not sure if I should be flattered or concerned. lol

Let me announce this for you:
    I'm leaving the thread.
    I'm leaving the MSFS forum.
    Now what will you do???
    If you ask nicely I may visit again.
    Mark Daniels

Blog Entries

floundy, well said.... I been doing the same over months of problems..... this week I took a really good luck at the gpu with yesterday having complete clarity for once ha and found a major issue with performance that has bugged me since the beginning in November... Over time I have hacked away at this that and the other and searched the forums, but nothing made a significant improvement on performance.... The problem was not Asobo or was it MSFS it was silly me! I had upgraded the dual bios on the gpu with the wrong bios oops now I'm getting the performance I should be getting from the card although it will never run in Ultra it's now ultra smooth in High End.... Now that's taken months to figure out and in all that time I have been chasing red herrings!!!! So I fully understand where you're coming from with this post......... Happy flying!! Sadly a lot of people are too use to being told what to do they never been taught how to think for themselves......
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU
    HP Reverb G2
    CH Eclipse Yoke

Blog Entries

I think this has run its course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12