Very Very low fps

Hi Unfortunately my new system as developed a fault with the psu and as gone to be repaired /exchanged so in the mean time i am back on my old PC but i cant get any sort of fps mostly unflyable I have tried High med and low to no avail I cant understand what i am missing

the specs on this sysytem are :-

CD-162-SA Samsung SH-224GB/BEBE 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) -

CP-581-IN Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor -

HS-035-AR Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler

CA-172-CS Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Mid Tower Gaming Case

CA-038-SF Super Flower Leadex GOLD 550W Fully Modular '80 Plus Gold'

224-SA Samsung 250GB 750 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive

FG-063-NB System Build Fan - Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fan PLPS -

120mm PWM [EXNO-001]

GX-068-IN Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 HerculeZ Twin X2 8192MB GDDR5

PCI-Express Graphics Card

There are 3x 2tb hdds installed as well

it was running msfs quiet well before i upgraded not ultra but high end certainly i might have to give up on msfs until I get my pc back.

Andy help advise welcomed all my drivers and windows are up to date

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear your PC blew up.

Assuming when you fired up the old pc you emptied your community folder before updating the sim. Emptied the rolling cache etc.

All i can suggest are the usual things. Check all in game settings including control assignments (if these get doubled up during the update it could cause what you are suffering from).

It may be worth unplugging your peripherals and firing up the sim with just the keyboard and mouse, this should rule out any double assignments causing the problem.

Check the graphics settings which some people are reporting changed during the recent updates.

Try logging out of the Windows store and of course ensure all is up to date in there first. Log out, reboot, then log back in again.

Run the sim with no addons active just to prove it is not an addon causing the low fps.

Best of luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi Andrew, when you used to use this older pc, did you use the same monitor? Is the resolution the same as before? I’d try reducing the render scaling in MSFS & see if it runs any better. That’s one of the biggest FPS killers.

Also You might want to check if your graphics drivers are the latest too.

At least when you get your faster pc back, MSFS will seem fantastic :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Andrew,

All i can suggest are the usual things. Check all in game settings including control assignments (if these get doubled up during the update it could cause what you are suffering from).

Best of luck

Stinger

How can I check if control assignments have been doubled up?

Thanks,

Roy

Hi Andrew,

Best of luck

Stinger

How can I check if control assignments have been doubled up?

Thanks,

Roy

The only way to check is to go through your control assignments , but as I mentioned earlier if you unplug all but your keyboard and mouse then fire up msfs, if the problem is cured then you need to go through your assignments one by one to see if anything is assigned to one of your joystick buttons that you're not expecting to be there.

If the problem persists with just keyboard and mouse then i suspect the issue is elsewhere.

Out of interest, what joystick or other peripherals do you use as there has been issues with honeycomb and others.?

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The only way to check is to go through your control assignments , but as I mentioned earlier if you unplug all but your keyboard and mouse then fire up msfs, if the problem is cured then you need to go through your assignments one by one to see if anything is assigned to one of your joystick buttons that you're not expecting to be there.

If the problem persists with just keyboard and mouse then i suspect the issue is elsewhere.

Out of interest, what joystick or other peripherals do you use as there has been issues with honeycomb and others.?

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stinger,

I have an xbox controller and a Logitech jostick used since msfs was launched in August and my lowering of fps has just come suddenly since world IV, coincidence?

Anyhow, thanks for the advice.

Hi Roy, I doubt your controllers would be affecting your FPS. It’s more likely to be down to the update as you say. Might be worth checking your graphics drivers though.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles