Further attempts at installing 1-15-8-0

Hi, going on from a thread of a couple of days ago in which I wished someone well trying to install latest version 1-15-8-0, a version which I had been forced to download (or try to) after launching my sim (1-15-7-0) on Saturday 17th and which failed with a hex code message from the MS Store. Repeatedly, logging out, logging in, re-booting. et al.

In that message, I predicted that the only way out (for me) would be to re-install windows and then re-download Fs2020. It turned out to be a true prediction.

The only thing I did not foresee was that with my new Windows 10, displaying my new FS2020, sitting at the main screen, I chose to go into Options > General in order to make a start of configuring the sim.

Wrong. Trying to enter Options > General brings about a crash to Desktop! Reloaded the sim - even did a short circuit around Land's End (even though I have an empty Community folder).

Feeling bold now, I attempted once again to enter Options > General but was again returned to the Desktop. Reloaded the sim several times, checked out My Hangar, My Logbook, the Marketplace, Options > Controls and all were working fine. However, trying to enter General always returns me to my Desktop.

Today I have uninstalled Flight Sim and gone through yet another 164.61 GB download and, with heart pounding, launched the sim - only to get exactly the same results as previously.

What is it about Options > General that my system does now not like?

Any ideas, anyone?

Hi not sure if this will help but did you update everything in the microsoft store because thats where the last update came from not the main update this one is just a gig might help dont know.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew and many thanks for your response.

I'm not sure I follow you, as far as I can see, all updates come from the MS Store?

I was running vers 1-15-7-0, then a few days ago when I launched flight sim, the program got to 'checking for updates' and then presented me with a 'Mandatory update required - download before launching the sim' - or words to that effect. At this point, you have no option but to click on the OK box and follow whatever paths MS wants to take. It took me to a download dialogue at the MS Store, but then errored when I attempted to download it.

I put up with the constant error message for a day or two, (giving the MS Store program a chance to correct itself) but sadly it did not. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the full 164+ GB download.

All looked well until I tried to open GENERAL > Options and received the CTD.

As I said in my earlier post, I have now reinstalled Windows 10 and reinstalled FS2020 but am still getting the CTD when I point to GENERAL > Options.

I may be naive but I honestly believe this to be a problem with vers 1-15-8-0

:(