and I dont mean because of the weather.

Since the last update, the sim freezes every 3-4 minutes. the sound is still there, but the graphics freezes. It has basically become impossible to use...

My set-up is Intel Core I9, 32 Gig RAM, Nvidia 2080 Ti, both CPU and GPU overclocked. Really frustrating...

Anyone with freezing graphics? and ideas on what to do are welcome!

thanks

Hi not really up on o/c but never been a big fan but i do know that sometimes overclocking can be counter productive you could try reducing the overclock and maybe lower the graphic setting temporarily and see if it stops the freeze if your flying over heavily populated areas its not unusual for the sim to stutter and sometimes freeze as you probably already know if nothing helps I would put a ticket into Zendesk and the support there will probably offer advice its also good for them as it helps with future fixes But about your problem I would also reduce the traffic and check any recent addons mods or addons that could be causing a problem just try removing them and add them back one at a time and check a bit of a ball ache but might find solve your problem but i would look to setting first.

Kind regards

Andrew

In addition to Andrew's suggestions, check your general settings that data did not get turned off. Also could you have hit a monthly data limit from your ISP?

Do you have any addons? If so, start by removing addon scenery and weather first.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

In addition to Andrew's suggestions, check your general settings that data did not get turned off. Also could you have hit a monthly data limit from your ISP?

Do you have any addons? If so, start by removing addon scenery and weather first.

Removed all add-ons

OC on the GPU

Reduced all graphic settings to high

not freezing, but 15 FPS over Paris. I had 30-50 FPS in Ultra before.

time to upgrade a PC bought 6 months ago...

Have you seen so dramatic FPS drops since the last update?

I have not tried flying over Paris, but over Metz and Nancy, I am getting a smooth 30 fps, which i have limited.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi Actually my fps as gone up as far as i can tell no skips freezers jumps or anything I can only thank them for the update I think thats all it can be so pleased with it for now lol.

regards

Andrew

PS and my settings are nearly all ultra 4k

Thanks,

really annoying though. I dont understand why the sim on just my computer has slowed down!

Would it help to do a fresh install?

I doubt a fresh install would help, although it may, it would be my last option.

A few things to try before you resort to re-installing.....

Check other areas, is it just poorly optimised Paris which some are suggesting?. Try it without photogrammetry if you have it switched on.

Check all in game settings in case something changed during the latest updates.

Update graphics drivers.

Check to see if CPU or GPU is bottlenecking.

Check temps, especially as you are overclocked.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi

tried the challenge in the Alps, 15 FPS :-(

actually the number of FPS does not change if I am in high or in ultra. That's weird.

The GPU is the bottleneck but I cant see why. I have benchmarked my computer and it is doing more than just fine.Screenshot 2021-04-21 151947.png

Have you updated your GPU’s drivers?

What do you have “render scaling” set to? That is the big one when it comes to FPS. I wouldn’t go more than 100

I have the same CPU and GPU

Personally I don’t overclock them & it works fine.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles