How to with three monitors for FSX

DTumminia

Hi there are a lot of different versions of the GTX1050ti with a great variation in performance and the sockets on the back panel, I world say yes you can do what you ask. for the stretch 24" monitors (best with 2 identical monitors) first connect them to the HDMI and the Display ports and the smaller one to the AVG port if not you will need to use the DVI using a adapter it you haven't got the cable to do it. Then right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolutions and Extend the 2 24" or all the displays, you can drag the screens to match you lay out you will need to set the screens resolutions in FS and run in desktop mode.

any problems email me Howard

Mail : biggles-tnw@outlook.com

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Hi there are a lot of different versions of the GTX1050ti with a great variation in performance and the sockets on the back panel, I world say yes you can do what you ask. for the stretch 24" monitors (best with 2 identical monitors) first connect them to the HDMI and the Display ports and the smaller one to the AVG port if not you will need to use the DVI using a adapter it you haven't got the cable to do it. Then right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolutions and Extend the 2 24" or all the displays, you can drag the screens to match you lay out you will need to set the screens resolutions in FS and run in desktop mode.

any problems email me Howard

Mail : biggles-tnw@outlook.com

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world[/quote

Forget it. Get a better and more powerful card. Trying to run anything on a GTX 1050 seems like a waste of time, if you ask me.

That said, it should do an OK job on a single monitor at medium res, but three?

Forget it. Get a better and more powerful card. Trying to run anything on a GTX 1050 seems like a waste of time, if you ask me.

HAHAHA! "Seems" being the operative word here. I have a GTX1050TI and two monitors run quite well with it. Best part of it all is that the card doesn't even require a dedicated PCI-e power connection.

Back when I was in the market for a new GPU I wanted a GTX1060. Well, that was all shot to hell and sent to Mars thanks to the first bitcoin craze back then. I looked and looked and couldn't find a 1060 anywhere, and if I did the price was inflated beyond belief. So instead I stared to look for 1050TI's all over the place. Those too were gone until I found one lone 1050TI at the price of what a GTX1060 would have cost prior to the bitcoin craze. Knowing full well if I didn't buy the 1050TI I wouldn't be able to upgrade my GPU from what was a GTX 560 TI for God knows how long, so I bought it. Well, it's been pretty decent. As I said, I run two monitors so that works. I have played GTA V, the latest Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, and ARC with this GPU and so far so good.

Will this GPU kick out 4K on more than two monitors or is VR ready? No. But it should handle three monitors just fine at 1080p. I'd have to look up the specs to know for sure.

You can't touch anything less than a 1050TI right now for a "reasonable" price anyway thanks to the now second bitcoin craze.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the OP's question, this may or may not work. I don't know if it's entirely possible. What you're trying to do is span two monitors as one and the third for gauges. So I think in order to do this you'll want to go into the Nvidia control panel and click "Set up multiple displays." Now right click a display and chose the clone option to clone to another display. I'm not sure if this will do the trick, but that should span the display across the two chosen monitors of your choice.

Now when you're in the Sim you need to go into the Sim's options and enable windowed mode. I'm thinking the first two screens will show your Sim, the cockpit and all that, the second display should be a blank slate to drag gauges to.

This is just my educated guess as to how you can achieve this because I don't know if it can be done without perhaps some software which I might be able to find. I know damn well stuff like this is done in full fledged cockpit simulators.

Now the port specs for the 1050TI are as follows taken from the first Google hit: There is one DisplayPort 1.4 output, one HDMI 2.0b output, and one DVI-D Dual-Link output. So if your Samsung and LG are using the Display and HDMI ports, you now have the DVI port left over. I don't know what you have there since you didn't indicate that. They do sell different types of adapters. You wanna go to Amazon or eBay and search for such search terms like, "VGA to HDMI", "VGA to displayPort" "VGA to HDMI" Now you should be able to use that VGA port for the ViewSonic.

xgmzLk4.jpg

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Then right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolutions and Extend the 2 24" or all the displays...

I think you need to use the "duplicate" option. It's probably like the clone option I talked about.

I think you need to use the "duplicate" option. It's probably like the clone option I talked about.

He wants to run Surround, so he needs to select the Configure Surround, PhysX option and go through the wizard, choosing the two displays he wants to use.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

I've been able to run all three monitors on my GTX1050 Ti just fine. I am getting another 24" Lg to replace the old ViewSonic VA702b. then all will be 1080 res. Looking to replace GTX1050 Ti with either a 3080 or 2080 if I can find one without having to hock the house.

thanks again. DT