missing UK landmarks after updates?

Hi all, just registered as new to posting. I have installed all the updates in Microsoft Flight Simulator (mandatory it looked like), some took many hours to install Huge Gb's of data. Anyway, I went to check out a few places like London; missing Big eye and Buckingham palace? I checked out Edinburgh and there is none of the landmark Bridges (Forth road and rail) which were clearly shown in photos before the updates. ( Version: 1.15.8.0 App 1.62GB ) Install size: 94.9Gb Standard Installation. Thanks for any advice please.

Welcome to the forums.

Go into your settings and ensure that your online capability is turned ON. That includes Bing maps etc.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks Dave, I checked and these are all ticked correctly on. It's as if none of the world updates are installed hence missing landmarks.

Another things I would mention is that when I select a flight (Select Departure Airport) the History function is empty, not storing my recent flights, only the original one when first installed the sim. Do I need to re- install the whole flight sim do you think? Thanks for any info.

Thanks Dave, I checked and all settings are already on. The sim is acting as if none of the world updates have been installed. Another things I noticed is that when preparing a flight the HISTORY panel does not show any flights or saved destinations either. hmm. Do I need to re-install the whole Sim maybe? thanks anyway for your time!

Thanks Dave, I checked and these are all ticked correctly on. It's as if none of the world updates are installed hence missing landmarks.

Another things I would mention is that when I select a flight (Select Departure Airport) the History function is empty, not storing my recent flights, only the original one when first installed the sim. Do I need to re- install the whole flight sim do you think? Thanks for any info.

I do remember reading (somewhere) that some people have had their logbooks wiped out. This could be affecting you. Not sure how to fix it though :(

Have you gone to your Content manger and ensured everything is installed?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Yes, you have to go to Content Manager and look for more updates. It is one of the hidden 'features' of the way that MS and Asobo are doing the changes. There usually are a couple of updates - or more - hiding in the Content manager.

If I was to wish for one change to the whole software package it would be to allow me to decline an update, at least for a while, instead of making it a mandatory update. I would greatly prefer to wait until I see community reaction to an update before taking the update.

haha, the UK world scenery was never installed! lol I thought with the updates it was automatic. Went ahead and updated and all's good. Thanks for your time again David ! :)

:D