FS2000.EXE is not a valid Win32 application. (Windows 7 32-bit)

joejam2

I have a rather strange problem when trying to run FS2000 on Win7 32-bit. When launching the program I get the error message "C:\FS2000\FS2000.EXE is not a valid Win32 application."

This is on a laptop but I also have a PC running Win7 32-bit for the sole purpose of old games and this is a first when it comes to not wanting to run an older game. So this is rather strange. I am guessing the problem is with the .exe file? I've tried it on Windows 10 64-bit also but I get the "This app cant run on your PC" error. Yet FS for Windows 95 and FS98 launch and run just fine..

Edited by joejam2

I have tried Run as administrator, compatibility settings.. ect. I did try the scan once with no luck. I could re-install and give that another go. I even get the error with the NO-CD patch (which is basically a must) since most old games do not work without them now.

Thanks to jacilore for sending me his fs2000.exe. I was able to launch FS2000 and have it finish the setup process so I could finally run the program. Seems to work flawless on Win7 32-bit.

Win10 64-bit takes a little more trial and error. The easiest way was to install/run/update/run FS2000 on a Win7 machine and then copy and replace the install folder on the Win10 PC.

I have to use dgvoodoo2 for FS2000 to run in hardware acceleration mode as FS2000 doesn't seem to play nice with my modern GPU. Running in full screen and trying to switch back or get to the menu bar causes problems with black screens/cockpits resulting in just having it start the sim over again. It's a shame because it only seems to run at 22-23 FPS in windowed mode. I am able however to force 16x anisocoric and 8x antialiasing at any resolution up to 1440P resulting in a crisp image. :)

Hi, I am glad it worked.

By the way, I have got to run FS2000 at maximum without trouble in W10 64 bits in 7 y.o. PC's but also in a new one, not most advanced, but still i7-8700 with Intel UHD Graphics 630. It runs quite fast there.

The only thing I had to do was to install everything as Administrator and where there was an issue, executing in Windows "solving compatibility issues" Mode, if i recall correctly.

Regards.