Thread: Thank you MSFS2020 for forcing me to learn how to overclock a card....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Thank you MSFS2020 for forcing me to learn how to overclock a card....

I've always shied away from overclocking, the fear as always been blowing the rig...... My gpu is the weakest link on my setup and have had endless problems with stuttering and bombing out in VR.... I did some research and downloaded MSI Afterburner and Kombuster spent some late hours and started overclocking.... This morning I flew from Paris to oxford in Ultra using screens in aspose to VR and I was amazed! it did stutter slightly over London at 6000 ft other than that it was very smooth. The bench test found a problem with the ram setup too so I went into Bios and fixed that... next after some needed food I will do some test in VR and see if that has improved performance wise..... My subconscious mind suspects there is a problem with virtual mixed reality app but I'm not smart enough to work that one out yet!!!! In short I'm well pleased it's as if I upgraded the graphic card already! I think it's time to start turning on live traffic and multiplayer which I turned off when I first installed the sim to eliminate distractions whilst I get use to the sim and the rig.......... It feels like it's been a long journey that's caused me many headaches and totally mugged my wallet... but you know what, I really love this sim!!!!!!!!! I'm confident I can hold out now until the market is flooded with high end cards after the cryptocurrency gold rush is over, hopefully by this summer as predicted by TechRadar........
    Last edited by daspinall; 04-19-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2
    CH Eclipse Yoke Corsair K60 Keyboard Cherry Mouse