Famous landmark is an office building??

Havent been flying much since the latest world update but saw the areas they did and wanted to check them out.

Flying over Paris looks pretty good except the Arc de Triomphe is a office building?? How did they manage to screw that up?

I have my buildings set to high so I thought it would look somewhat good but it just shows as an office building on mine.

I cant be the only person that has this right??

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Are you sure? it looks ok to me.

arc.jpeg

The “Grande Arche de la Defense” is an office building though, as it should be.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Flying over Paris looks pretty good except the Arc de Triomphe is a office building??

Have you downloaded the France & Benelux update from the Marketplace? The download button says "Buy and download" but it's actually free.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Im a complete idiot.

I thought I had downloaded it but apparently I didn't.

Thanks for the reminder. Looks like it should now.

Thanks yall

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Remember, it was originally mapped using computer AI from sat photos, without a human being involved. So the AI didn't see this was a special landmark, assumed it was a building like all the rest. It probably took humans looking over some major lists of the tens of thousands of very well known unique landmarkts, to double check whether Arc de Triomphe was modeled properly, or even just assume the AI got it wrong, and then substitute the "building" for a proper model!

Remember, this sim had water hiils and sunken bridges, sunk ships, and all sorts of funny business! Frankly, it's amazing that the AI didn't mess up 100x as many mistakes... it's just gonna take some humans doing care and attention to fix it all.

It's like Herc said. The combination of aerial photos and AI processing can be interesting. If you looked at places on Google Earth in the first years it did some strange things with buildings and roads and bridges. Especially in the perspective view.

I enjoy seeing the results now with MSFS. pretty amazing how it covers everywhere. While there are a few places I would like to see the high quality done to, I am a happy customer for the most part. Now about those enormous downloads....

Pat

Trust me when I tell you, no one, either at Asobo or Microsoft, or the flight sim community, had any intention of disrespecting one of the most famous landmarks in the world. I live in Canada, and while it's rare for me to visit Europe, I've seen L'Arc de Triomphe at least three times. It's just the process of creating the FS terrain, and they knew to double check all the most famous landmarks with human eyes, and make the correction.