I really like FS2020, but I miss...

In particular, I miss ...

- capabilities of AI resources like WOAI, MAIW. Getting really sick of the word "generic" and the butt-ugly FSFW95-looking AI models.

- capabilities of utilities like voicepack

- ability to save a flight, anytime anywhere and return to it later with every aspect of the flight intact.

-- availability of huge numbers of freeware aircraft and repaints. Kinda depressing when one of the largest repaint offerings seems to be the artwork on the coffee cup in the friggin' cockpit cupholder.

I know these things are (might be) coming and take time to (possibly) develop, I'm just being a bit nostalgic.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

I feel that 500 repaints for 1 aircraft (the FBW a320 f.i.) is substanial.

Maybe the coffee cup is overdone but it gave people who never repainted anything a change to customize something themselfs.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel the community is more active then when FSX was launched.

There are things we would like to see but this game is not even a year old.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel the community is more active then when FSX was launched.

There are things we would like to see but this game is not even a year old.

Maybe you're right, Hans - the community IS more active than when FSX was launched. It only took a month after launch for someone to add face masks to the pilots and ground crew models, and a couple of weeks ago there were two versions of the Ever Given container ship which blocked the Suez Canal. There are a few on these forums who'd like to point out that there's a Godzilla in MSFS, but no King Kong climbing the Empire State building, therefore MSFS sucks!

There are many things I'd like to see in MSFS already, but it's a work in progress and Asobo will be developing it for the next 10 years.

Laminar Research and Lockheed Martin are still developing their sims after at least that long, and charge their customers for every upgrade.

The recent low FPS and stuttering bug really had me thinking that the sim had been developed beyond my PC's capacity, and I'm relieved that it's been fixed for now, but that day will surely come as more features and effects are added. That's why I pre-ordered and received an Xbox Series X on the day it launched. I'll use MSFS on the PC for as long as it'll run reasonably well, but when it doesn't I'll be happy to wait for MSFS to launch on Xbox and play FSX Steam until then.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There are a few on these forums who'd like to point out that there's a Godzilla in MSFS, but no King Kong climbing the Empire State building, therefore MSFS sucks!

Ln.

Umm, how do I find Godzilla??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Dunno about you, but I find it terrifying! Sorry, it's on flightsim.to, about to demolish the Golden Gate Bridge: https://flightsim.to/file/12627/godzilla

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I was tempted to say “he’s probably gone back to the FS9 forum.. “

(Sorry LOL)

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Dunno about you, but I find it terrifying! Sorry, it's on flightsim.to, about to demolish the Golden Gate Bridge: https://flightsim.to/file/12627/godzilla

Ahh ok. Thx!!!

BTW: I loved the old black and white Godzilla movies!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I agree! Time to fix the little Things that make the sim enjoyable. The "Generic" has got to go! The vehicles running all over don't enhance the experience.
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim

"I feel that 500 repaints for 1 aircraft (the FBW a320 f.i.) is substanial"

That is pretty much my point right there. 500 repaints for a single aircraft! Do you not see the irony? I would gladly take 100 aircraft with a single repaint!

My post was just lamenting that true traffic and AI customization will likely be some time in coming. Yes, the bugs come first, and those take time. And you are correct - at 1 year, MSFS is still in it's infancy.

I hope that MS management do not forget that "As real as it gets" (the MS slogan for Flight Simulator at one time) involves much more than eye-popping scenery graphics (which are quite awesome).

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

I agree! Time to fix the little Things that make the sim enjoyable. The "Generic" has got to go! The vehicles running all over don't enhance the experience.

You can disable generic in the traffic settings.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I was tempted to say “he’s probably gone back to the FS9 forum.. “

(Sorry LOL)

Wishful thinking.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.