Unstable settings

westway

I'm at a complete lose as to why I am having this problem. I am using FSX in Windows 10, I changed my throttle settings from prop to jet however the jet settings revert back to my prop settings intermittently even though I calibrated and saved my settings. Frustrating with no idea why this is happening.

I'm at a complete lose as to why I am having this problem. I am using FSX in Windows 10, I changed my throttle settings from prop to jet however the jet settings revert back to my prop settings intermittently even though I calibrated and saved my settings. Frustrating with no idea why this is happening.

Willing to help, but I first need to understand what you mean by " I changed my throttle settings from prop to jet" . I really don't have a clue ...

Rob

... and what kind of flight controls... yoke or stick ?

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

So when I set up prop settings there is, throttle, prop angle and mixture settings. When I set up jet settings, it's throttle setting, flaps and spoiler settings. These are all axis settings. Also while this has no apparent relation to the issue I'm using Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant equipment.

So when I set up prop settings there is, throttle, prop angle and mixture settings. When I set up jet settings, it's throttle setting, flaps and spoiler settings. These are all axis settings. Also while this has no apparent relation to the issue I'm using Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant equipment.

Which FSX version are you using ??

(FSX-Acceleration, SteamEdition, ...)

where are you adjusting settings? in fsx menu?

is that also what isn't sticking?

try ending flight first. then closing fsx.

(if you close directly some changed fsx settings are not properly saved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder how you are "saving" the settings, and how you are trying to change from one to another? You've been rather brief in explaining and answering questions, and perhaps a bit more detail of the steps you are using to save and retrieve these settings, perhaps how you start and use the sim (start with either the prop or jet aircraft, then describe the other one), and how you exit after the flight would help us find the problem.

I, for one, certainly don't have a clear picture of what you are expecting and what the problem is.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I have attached the 2 settings I have been speaking about. Note the prop setting ( 2 engine Prop ) and jet setting ( 4 engine jet ). So at some point I want to switch settings and attach the appropriate cockpit equipment to my Honeycomb equipment, from the prop gear to the jet throttle gear. However, at some unexplained point when switching the appropriate aircraft ( 20 minutes to oh say an hour later )the settings just up and revert from say the prop settings to the jet settings. Huh??????

Untitled 5_LI.jpg

Untitled7_LI.jpg