Is this normal 3D off the scale?

loaded fs2020 to the opening selection, just a page right, so why is my 3D showing at full blast.... Is this normal or is it a fault? The only thing running on my system in this is FS.......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I think it's normal. I've tried MSFS on two different computers with different video cards and it always used the GPU at 100%, even in the menu.

I'm not sure why the game does that. Common sense would suggest that it's not necesarry to ride the GPU that hard in the menu. I suppose Asobo has some optimising to do there. But truth be told, I think they've more important stuff to focus on at the moment...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I read a bunch of GPU threads on reddit and many people reported that 100% usage is normal. So I stopped worrying about it.

If you use VR, make sure you have updated your settings to the most recent recommendations. For Oculus they have changed since a few months ago. VR works great for me these days with barely any glitches.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Interesting you mention VR..... Later I was monitoring like in the vid above, I unplugged the G2 and right away the 3D graph went right down!!!!!...... Since I bought and used the G2 Oculus quest 2 don't connect to the sim... and my brain has been on holiday from sorting out hardware software problems.......

I know what I have to do and that's to upgrade the gpu, but try and find one for sale!!! I've kept up to date with Tch Radar on the cards... It seems the reason why there's a drought is down to the boom in Cryptocurrency.... It's worth noting when the gold rush is over the secondhand market will be flooded with cheap high end cards... so there will come a time when we can cherry pick high end cards... in my case the sooner the better!!!!!

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

• 2 weeks later...

I sit here tapping this out feeling smug, for now..... I've spent months trying to get the sim running smoothly to no avail. It's been one hell of a learning curve and multitudes of headaches resulting in the brain crashing at times! Cut a long story short I always knew my problem came down to the gpu. So I pushed myself into overclocking which has always been a no no for me.. the results were good and pointed to a problem with the XMP which I fixed, that in itself improved the gpu performance, but still there was still something I'm missing I'm still getting random black screen and computer clocking up, Ctrl +Alt +Delete being rendered useless..... Yesterday after much testing my thoughts came round to the Bios, the card has 2 Passive and the full monty... did test between both settings Passive actually produced better results slightly... I watched a YT vid on updating the Bios and by chance the guy just happened to mention make sure you check which RT5600TX manufacturer made you're card, there's MSI ASUS XFX and a few others. DING DONG!! the first time I updated the Bios I'm sure thinking back they probability ASUS, my card is XFX ha what a compleat --- is flash through my mind! As you can see from the new vid below I'm home and dry at last, but not get too close to densely 3D populated areas... as for VR I really do need to upgrade the card and who knows when that will be since you can't get one...... So I've forgiven my self for being a ass hole and settling in for a great weekend in the sim........ the results are phenomenal YEAH!! Happy Flying...

Edited by Nels_Anderson