CH Eclipse Yoke help

daspinall

The Yoke arrived this morning I can climb and descend but no left right actions, hoping someone will know......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Sorted turns out the yoke was a dud... replaced and working fine now....

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Use the yoke as is until the Warranty expires, then open it up and replace the steel screen door springs with Surgical Tubing. It'll give the yoke better action and feel all the way around.

Alan 🙂

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Use the yoke as is until the Warranty expires, then open it up and replace the steel screen door springs with Surgical Tubing. It'll give the yoke better action and feel all the way around.

Alan 🙂

Thanks for that tip Viper..... the spring is a tad strong........ In VR i'm always going for the yoke in the cockpit..... Now it's there. awesome addon.....

:D Check this awesomeness out.

As a hard core flight Sim pilot who would wake up in the morning, brew a latte, fix a giant bowl of shredded wheat, and go to my computer to plan, program the FMC and fly my PMDG 737 NG, I never had the luxury of a yoke or pedals. I used a PlayStation-like USB connected game pad, and I was actually pretty damn good with it. If I can remember, the left joy stick was elevator and ailerons and the right joy stick was just the rudder. I was pretty decent in crabbing and manually flying the ILS with that configuration, but it wasn't the greatest. It was really apparent that it wasn't the greatest setup while trying to crab my Lear 45 upon landing at an airport at one of Alaska's archipelago islands where it was as windy as a local, state or federal corrupt politician. Because of the inability for real crabbing ability and complex ILS landings with next to no viability (I love manually flying those), for years I yearned to have the money to buy a proper yoke and pedals, but I saw the price for those at around ~$200 a piece.

Then one Summer I was at a yard sale looking around and like manna from Heaven there they were glistening in the sun: a CH Products yoke and pedals. So I asked the guy sitting there in a lawn chair next to his wife how much he wanted for the yoke and pedals. He said, "$25 bucks!" I immediately couldn't believe it. $25 for a yoke AND pedals?! Nah, something isn't right here. But I looked them over and all looked good and figured if they were broke I could probably fix them. And $25 is not bad at all for a yoke and pedals that may need some tender loving care. So I handed the guy the money and as I was walking off I heard a faint voice say, "glad those are gone." So now my suspicions about the yoke and pedals being a dud was even more heightened.

Got home and before I plugged them into the USB ports I prayed to the tech God of all things silicon they wouldn't take my motherboard or PSU out. Once that very scientific test was done and noticed nothing went *pop*, I checked the controls in the Windows Control Panel. I moved the elevator, ailerons, rudder, brakes and pressed all the buttons and all had full functionality. So now I'm like, "wow, so far so good, now lets see how they react in FS2004." Fired up the Sim and as I sat in my aircraft moving the wings and what not I was surprised FS2004 had already assigned most of the configurations. Prior to that I downloaded the CH Products software in case I needed it. So yeah, to this day after some 10 years now (yes, ten damn years!) I have had these yoke and pedals and so far so good in both FS2004 and FSX.

Now why can't I have luck like that in the lottery? :cool:

3njFXcH.jpg

Edited by CRJ_simpilot