Aifp 3

ColR1948

I keep getting this problem, I have installed a few airfields and plus some water AFCADS, they do work OK.

Now when I select an AI flight plan with AIFP it never finds the new airfields, so then I have to direct it to the new airfields, I then can do a save and the new flight plan works.

Then next time I want to do another flight plan to one of the new airfields AIFP can't find them again, so I have to go through the search and save process, what am I doing wrong, if it has saved them why can't it see them next time?

I'm wondering where is the new data saved, may be that needs to be rectified I don't know?

Col.

In the manual see section 10 "Airports and Related Data".

Essentially you have to run the data collection tool provided with the program. There are different types for stock airports and add-ons.

:pilot:

Edited by douga66

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Doug,

Yes I pointed it to the right folders and all the relevant airports and afcads were listed, I then got the save option, went to do an ai flight plan that included a couple of those 'NEW' airports and they were recognised and the plan worked.

Next time I went to do a new flight plan including the new airports I got the message saying airport not found, this happens a lot.

I have my FS on another hard drive on my PC (not the C: drive) and AIFP is also on that drive.

Col.

One thing you can try (after backing up the existing files) is delete all of the various Airport DAT files and try generating them from scratch. Maybe there is some kind of glitch in the existing files.

I know troubleshooting this kind of stuff is very annoying.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Tom,

Yes I saw that, I think there is 3 choices but after selecting them one at a time the new airports still not found till I did the search and save again.

Maybe I need to re-install AIFP and see if that does anything.

Col.