More planes! We’re getting more planes!

Just came across this exciting bit of news: MSFT and Asobo will soon bring more aircraft to our hangars, including an ultralight. There's a catch, however: They're charging $9.99 for the ultralight, which will be available April 27, according to this story. But I'll bite. I want to have this option to sight see, especially in areas I already know. I earlier tried a pricier third-party ultralight, and I had a lot of problems with the sim thereafter, which I won't regurgitate here. That plane is still in my hangar, but I'm not gonna upload it again.

https://gamerant.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-update-new-planes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Aptosflier
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Just came across this exciting bit of news: MSFT and Asobo will soon bring more aircraft to our hangars, including an ultralight. There's a catch, however: They're charging $9.99 for the ultralight, which will be available April 27, according to this story. But I'll bite. I want to have this option to sight see, especially in areas I already know. I earlier tried a pricier third-party ultralight, and I had a lot of problems with the sim thereafter, which I won't regurgitate here. That plane is still in my hangar, but I'm not gonna upload it again.

You mean the Aerolite 103 by Nemeth Designs?

If so, I wonder what problems it could have caused to your sim :confused:

To me it's simply fantastic, I started enjoying MSFS when it came out.

Anyhow I'm sure I'll buy the U/L from Asobo too, but I don't expect it to improve much over the Aerolite.

BTW, wonderful news about the ATR 42 and 72 too for next year. It will be great having them in Binter colors to island-hopping in the Canary Islands.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

• 2 weeks later...
You mean the Aerolite 103 by Nemeth Designs?

If so, I wonder what problems it could have caused to your sim :confused:

To me it's simply fantastic, I started enjoying MSFS when it came out.

Anyhow I'm sure I'll buy the U/L from Asobo too, but I don't expect it to improve much over the Aerolite.

BTW, wonderful news about the ATR 42 and 72 too for next year. It will be great having them in Binter colors to island-hopping in the Canary Islands.

Yes, the Aerolite 103. At least I thought it was the same one. However, I bought mine through the in-sim marketplace (MSFS 2020 Steam Edition), not through the website you linked to. It was listed as Nemeth Design's plane, but maybe it wasn't quite the same? It could be that the problems I had at the time were just coincidental, and not caused by this add-on. It's still in my hangar but I'm hesitant to reinstall it. I'd rather try Asobo's U/L, on the assumption that since it's their aircraft, it should integrate with their sim without causing problems. I noticed that Asobo will be asking about $8 less for their U/L than what I paid for the Nemeth U/L.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

https://gamerant.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-update-new-planes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

err, I wouldnt call an Ultralight an "aircraft" in the way we mean it. I do understand the reason thou for an additon of the ultralight.

Precisely that, cause its not a plane, it virtually has no cockpit, just the 4 main instruments pretty much like shown in external view of ANY plane. For the same reaon any pre-40s biplane or acrobatic are usually very strait forward to make

call me when the Boeing 727 is out, or the DC10

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

err, I wouldnt call an Ultralight an "aircraft" in the way we mean it. I do understand the reason thou for an additon of the ultralight.

Precisely that, cause its not a plane, it virtually has no cockpit, just the 4 main instruments pretty much like shown in external view of ANY plane. For the same reaon any pre-40s biplane or acrobatic are usually very strait forward to make

call me when the Boeing 727 is out, or the DC10

Well, it's got wings and an engine, so that makes it sort of an aircraft, maybe even more so than the plane the Wright brothers first flew at Kitty Hawk in 1903 or thereabouts. Whatever, it's perfect for slow-poke scenery gazing.