I'm done with FS2020

Ok, that's fair you don't own the product. Don't have to to use (Gamepass). 2nd question: how long have you used this product? Weeks? Months? Just what exactly is your personal user experience with this sim?

Currently 17 of the latest 25 posts on the official forums are complaints.

MSFS must have attracted the worlds most incompetent computer users because it's been like this since day one and the majority of people are having problems???

Mark Daniels

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY version of MSFS 2020 must be defective? Cuz even on my obviously 'less than ideal' desktop PC using my 'less than greatest' sim hardware, the durn thing just kinda keeps on working.

I did not buy a sixty buck game expecting it to rival a NASA shuttle flight simulator either. I was promised great, nay stunning graphics which it does provide. I was promised the whole world at my fingertips... and by golly there it is. I was promised a variety of aircraft I could pretend I was flying and it does not disappoint.

Does it still have bugs & glitches? I reckon so but honestly I've not experienced any that weren't caused by either MY hardware or MY ignorance of how stuff in the sim worked and needed to be set up. I see Asobo making constant upgrades and working to fix the bugs and I appreciate it is a Herculean task. But again, the thing only cost me like $60 and in my 72 years I've spent a whole lot more for a whole lot less. lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Quick random quotes from others.

You don't need to be a genius or own the game. lol

I’m seriously starting to lose patience with this simu…, each update has its own set of bugs, it’s been 3 days that I’ve been struggling to make just one flight!

since a week I cannot fly the a320.

Initial download was accidentally disrupted before completion. Restarting the game and it is now persistently stuck at checking for update screen.

This simulator is unplayable post recent updates, (probably last 3). FPS is less then 15 , tried everything .

In a group flight with a large number of planes (20-30) this evening and the sim is freezing once every second and affects everyone regardless of their computer system.

After updating to the 1.15.8, recent update, I can not select live weather, It is disabled

Hello flying friends, please help !!! I have been trying to download the update again for several days but humanly it is impossible,

Mark Daniels

More random quotes...

Fast solution to greyed out ATC...

Uncontrollable wind at ground level....

Instrument panel too large....

Lost account and need to re-load....

ATC sending me off course.

Oh, wait a minute, this was from the P3d forum [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

More random quotes...

Wave effect not working....

Live weather not downloading....

ATC addressing aircraft problem....

Secondary tower frequencies not in action...

Oh, wait a minute, i was reading the FS9 forum [emoji4]

My point is that people are having problems, whichever sim they use. It is the nature of forums that they attract posts from people asking for solutions.

The difference is that there are 2 million currently flying msfs and I suspect a lot less still flying each of the outdated sims.

Edited by stinger2k2

My point is that people are having problems, whichever sim they use. It is the nature of forums that they atrract posts from people asking for solutions.

The difference is that there are 2 million currently flying msfs and I suspect a lot less still flying each of the outdated sims.

I'm still waiting on Kevin's screenshot...lol

Mark Daniels

You are addicted to referencing me every post. lol

I said I would not be responding to you. And that still holds. Since this is not supposed to be a kiddie forum, I am responding only to mature adults. Yes, you are often the center of the discussion, but isn't that what you want?

I said I would not be responding to you. And that still holds. Since this is not supposed to be a kiddie forum, I am responding only to mature adults. Yes, you are often the center of the discussion, but isn't that what you want?

Kiddie is when a grown man gets really upset because you are saying his computer game is no good.

The rest of us are just having fun and enjoying life! :pilot:

Mark Daniels

I don't know if my 2 cents will be of interest to anyone, but here they are:

Last year I bought a new computer with MSFS in mind. It was my first Windows 10 computer, and is only slightly better than the "recommended" specs (far from the "ideal" specs). Even so, MSFS runs like a charm from day zero.

I only regret having bought the Premium Deluxe version because I'm only interested in VFR on light and vintage aircraft, and I quickly found myself deleting most of the heavy and medium default aircraft, lessons, etc and using only some add-on aircraft, so I could have done perfectly with the Standard version.

That aside, all the problems I've encountered with updates, etc have always been minimal and easily solved thanks to the community. After the last update, for example, I'm one of those who see "not installed" in Content Manager all the items in my Community folder, but they're actually present in-game and working fine, so it's just a cosmetic issue to me and I know it will be fixed soon.

Even so, there have been moments when I've missed some of the enjoyment I had with previous versions, specially regarding vintage aircraft and scenery. Since MSFS can perfectly coexist in the same machine with FS9 or FSX, I decided to give them a try, starting with FS9. Gosh, I hardly could look at those comparatively primitive graphics, which not so long ago I found wonderful. I felt almost like watching PSION Flight Simulator, a sim that I used to load from a cassette tape on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum in the 80s, if you grant me the overstatement. I'm afraid MSFS graphics might have spoiled me forever.

Anyhow, once discarded FS9, now I plan to do the same with FSX, just in case. Problem is that the boxed FSX activation process is virtually impossible on Windows 10, so I'm waiting for the next Steam sale in order to get the Steam version and give it a try. I will let you know my impressions, if someone is interested.

To each his own. Happy flying.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Currently 17 of the latest 25 posts on the official forums are complaints.

MSFS must have attracted the worlds most incompetent computer users because it's been like this since day one and the majority of people are having problems???

Soooo, you have never used this simulator at all. Ok, what makes you the resident expert, then?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I'm still waiting on Kevin's screenshot...lol

A screenshot of what? Me flying and enjoying this simulator with a big smile on my face? Just use your imagination.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I’ll be there too :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

More random quotes...

Wave effect not working....USER CHANGING FILES. EASY FIX

Live weather not downloading....HASNT FOR SOME TIME. EASY FIX.

ATC addressing aircraft problem....USER CHANGED DEFAULT FILES. EASY FIX.

Secondary tower frequencies not in action...DEFAULT FS9 ATC. Still better then MSFS atc.

Oh, wait a minute, i was reading the FS9 forum [emoji4]

Of course you are bound to get SOME issues considering there is about 43,782 more add-ons available in FS9 compared to MSFS which seemingly is struggling even at default settings.

. Gosh, I hardly could look at those comparatively primitive graphics, which not so long ago I found wonderful. I felt almost like watching PSION Flight Simulator, a sim that I used to load from a cassette tape on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum in the 80s, if you grant me the overstatement. I'm afraid MSFS graphics might have spoiled me forever.

Anyhow, once discarded FS9, now I plan to do the same with FSX, just in case. Problem is that the boxed FSX activation process is virtually impossible on Windows 10, so I'm waiting for the next Steam sale in order to get the Steam version and give it a try. I will let you know my impressions, if someone is interested.

To each his own. Happy flying.

Well, you can say the same for fsx, P3D and x-plane. And real sims real pilots use haven’t always exactly set the world on fire as far as graphics goes. I guess there is more a focus in other areas rather then what would look good in a screen shot.

And yep each their own. And right now my FS9 blows MSFS out of the water so I’m more then happy to stay put.

Well, you can say the same for fsx, P3D and x-plane. And real sims real pilots use haven’t always exactly set the world on fire as far as graphics goes. I guess there is more a focus in other areas rather then what would look good in a screen shot.

And yep each their own. And right now my FS9 blows MSFS out of the water so I’m more then happy to stay put.

Now let's compare default FS2004 to default MSFS.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

A screenshot of what? Me flying and enjoying this simulator with a big smile on my face? Just use your imagination.

A screenshot that shows me how well this sim is working?

Talk is cheap.

Text on a forum is even cheaper!

Go to an airport, screenshot it. I want to see AI traffic. Is this a difficult request?

Mark Daniels

Since MSFS can perfectly coexist in the same machine with FS9 or FSX, I decided to give them a try, starting with FS9. Gosh, I hardly could look at those comparatively primitive graphics, which not so long ago I found wonderful. I felt almost like watching PSION Flight Simulator, a sim that I used to load from a cassette tape on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum in the 80s, if you grant me the overstatement. I'm afraid MSFS graphics might have spoiled me forever.

Yes! I would TOTALLY agree if looking at only a default FS9. And here is the exact reason those who bash FS9 have no idea.

These are people who do not see what is possible with modern add-ons.

If Kevin screenshots me his MSFS, I'll screenshot my FS9 and we can compare which sim has the better AI.

Mark Daniels

At least on other forums those who are happily using it admit the sim has loads of bugs and problems.

Here you always have the same half dozen members telling you there is not a problem in the world with MSFS!

I don't need to own the game. I just need to ignore the comments from half a dozen members and listen to the other couple of million. :pilot:

Mark Daniels

Isn't it time this one be put to bed by now?

I quite agree. This guy hates MSFS, has never used it and can't stand the fact many of us just love it. That eats at him and drives him crazy. I also agree that he loves being the center of attention and loves to be controversial. Maybe he secretly loves and plays MSFS and doesn't want anyone to know. For some reason he thinks there are only a half dozen people who enjoy this simulator while a couple of million absolutely hate it. Are there reported problems? Yes. Does everybody experience them? No. So if he wants to stay with FS2004 then good for him. I just wish he would stop chastising the many people that like it and enjoy it. I don't go to the FS2004 Forum and rip everybody for liking it. So I don't know why he comes to this Forum and rips everybody a new one for liking MSFS. I don't know what he thinks he is accomplishing doing that? So let's end it all here so he can go bellyache someplace else.

I quite agree. This guy hates MSFS, has never used it and can't stand the fact many of us just love it. That eats at him and drives him crazy. I also agree that he loves being the center of attention and loves to be controversial. Maybe he secretly loves and plays MSFS and doesn't want anyone to know. For some reason he thinks there are only a half dozen people who enjoy this simulator while a couple of million absolutely hate it. Are there reported problems? Yes. Does everybody experience them? No. So if he wants to stay with FS2004 then good for him. I just wish he would stop chastising the many people that like it and enjoy it. I don't go to the FS2004 Forum and rip everybody for liking it. So I don't know why he comes to this Forum and rips everybody a new one for liking MSFS. I don't know what he thinks he is accomplishing doing that? So let's end it all here so he can go bellyache someplace else.

I came here and welcomed someone back to FS9. That was it. Then go look what happened!!!

Those who take their gaming ridiculously seriously came in with a barrage of replies. I'm not the one who starts this stuff! lol

I have fun with the threads. I don't cry when people bash FS9, yeah, ok, fine. I just shake my head at how over the top people are. Life can be fun. You are only playing a game, nothing more.

I can assure you nothing eats at me nor gets me angry! haha

I also don't call for threads to be locked. What for????? There is nothing wrong with this thread!!!

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels