I'm done with FS2020

Game hasn't been working correctly for the past couple of months... no live weather, Cirrus SR22 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner disappeared, unable to access Marketplace, etc. Now the latest problems has to do with downloading the World Update IV... program directs me to download update and then says it can't connect to server... ends up being an infinite loop. I'm done with this piece of crap of a game. I uninstalled the game and will go back to playing FS9. It may not have the awe factor of FS2020 but at least it works consistently.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“...will go back to playing FS9. It may not have the awe factor of FS2020 but at least it works consistently.”

- I hope you’ve sorted the keyboard problems you had with FS9 :)

Like many others here, I’m thoroughly enjoying MSFS.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

So this is your last post, then?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I cannot cure the download problem, but I too had the no-real-weather, and the Marketplace not available, and some of the other woes you describe. Turned out it was all due to the fact that apparently the update shut off my online capability. This is a setting in the data section of options, and by enabling it all was made well again in Microsoftland. The idea to do this came from a YouTube video, and it is to MS's discredit that they apparently can't get out an update that would go smoothly without half of the world pulling out their hair (what little they have left after COVID!) and turning the air blue with invective! (like I was doing yesterday!)

So this is your last post, then?

That kind of comment can only come from USA...

While you better stick to this forum Kevin,

dveswans is welcome to make his third post in eleven years in the FSX forum !

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

I too am sorry for your disappointment. And I get extremely frustrated with it too. But part of the problem for me has been my lack of understanding and being behind the power curve where I think I could be if I had good documentation. Even the Sofly eBook to me doesn't cover enough to get a person up and running. I suspect that much of the frustration is because Microsoft has not really done much besides putting their name on it and the software is being updated and fixed by Asobo and Aerosoft and other third-party providers. This way of handling issues means that they will always be behind the issues, and they are going to focus on the worst issues for the majority of the users. So, bottom line is if we are going to continue to press on with this then we are left with others that are more capable (read experienced) than ourselves and YouTubers that are willing to share their expertise.

I don't know what it is, but I love msfs2020. It works great. Every once in a while it freezes up but all in all it works great. All my equipment works, GPs works , even little nav works great. Here is my set up b9d7415c58a6eadf4ac29b32d3913339.jpg83b728ca322db441bb36364de70f09c3.jpgc559817b0b07a224addca1d6eb48f719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

He said he was going back to FS9. So I guess he can make his 3rd post in 11 years in the FS2004 forum.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I don't know what it is, but I love msfs2020. It works great. Every once in a while it freezes up but all in all it works great. All my equipment works, GPs works , even little nav works great.

Does your Realsim Gear GNS work after the latest update? Mine doesn't, and Realsim said they had to wait for Asobo? Which kind of sucks because I just got mine..... :(

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Well I'm Canadian and second Kevin's comment!

Look, I sympathize with the frustration. MSFS has knowingly pushed gaming boundaries, so many people without the exactly right hardware and without the exactly perfect configurations end up suffering. I get it. But it will get better over time, assuming the average person continues upgrading their hardware over time. The hardware needs are definitely not going to get lower. I haven't researched figures but Microsoft has probably made millions from happy customers. I am definitely one of them. Not sure my wife is given that this has spiraled into a new chapter of my life as a real-life student pilot, but she's doing okay.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I have an idea, let's all go back to AM radio?

I had no problem with the update. I just flew across Belgium without any problems, EBLG to EBOS.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I have an idea, let's all go back to AM radio?

Funny that... I'm getting so much disruptive interfearance with my truck's satellite radio, from new 5G towers, that it's forcing me to turn the radio off in some areas of the city. I used to think it was just sats out of line of sight, but then noticed it only occured in certain areas, and EVERY time in those areas... and so I did a Giggle search and there's your answer!

I'm seeing more and more examples of two steps forward, one step back, due to new things that step on other things. Quality is also suffering in many cases, due to a perceived need for speed to market, make that money before people really think about it.

Back on main topic:

So regarding MSFS2020 specifically... do you guys think that the real problem is a lack of basic core setup documentation?

And poor explanations of update changes and what they mean to the user/client/customer and the individual customer's setup?

Do you feel MS itself ought to look closer at quality control, and user experience frustration, in order to improve things?

do you guys think that the real problem is ...................

I believe that the problem stems from Milton Friedman's analysis of American business. Friedman stated that business's are under no obligation to anyone other than their stockholders; Bill Gates along with his coneys took that message to heart.

Microsoft's sole interest in MSFS2020 is to extract as much money out of the project as possible, while spending the least amount of money in the process.

My guess is that Asobo receives about enough money from Microsoft for program maintenance and upgrades to support about two junior programmers with occasional tech support and guidance from one of the senior guys. They may also have a few minimum wage artistic types doing graphics stuff, aka eye candy. We can see from eight months of history that they move at a two steps forward, one step behind pace. I doubt that it will ever be more than that unless Google or Facebook or someone like that launches a Flight Simulator competitor.

IMO, you'd better like what you have because anything better will be a long time coming.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Funny that... I'm getting so much disruptive interfearance with my truck's satellite radio, from new 5G towers, that it's forcing me to turn the radio off in some areas of the city. I used to think it was just sats out of line of sight, but then noticed it only occured in certain areas, and EVERY time in those areas... and so I did a Giggle search and there's your answer!

I'm seeing more and more examples of two steps forward, one step back, due to new things that step on other things. Quality is also suffering in many cases, due to a perceived need for speed to market, make that money before people really think about it.

Back on main topic:

So regarding MSFS2020 specifically... do you guys think that the real problem is a lack of basic core setup documentation?

And poor explanations of update changes and what they mean to the user/client/customer and the individual customer's setup?

Do you feel MS itself ought to look closer at quality control, and user experience frustration, in order to improve things?

What a great post! I've noticed the radio issues as well and never thought much about it. Now that you mentioned it, yes, the radio dropouts have started occurring since 5G and in select areas. I've had to do the same and turn the radio off in certain areas.

On the topic, I'd love to answer the questions as it's quite simple but cobalt and friends will get all angry so best I stay out of it. haha

Mark Daniels

Yes the realsim gear still works. I was flying last night (4/17/21) and everything is still running great. I don't know why so many people are having trouble. It could be there computers they are using or there internet connection. 7e7509b97992ff1ed47ff2423a24af74.jpg257ff4a406cc94e873b4a5b0d11f7cf3.jpg

I'd love to answer the questions as it's quite simple but cobalt and friends will get all angry so best I stay out of it. haha

Now this is your best idea yet. No anger here, just amusement at your oft-repeated notion that FS9 is the gold standard of flight simming. I think a lot of us get a kick out of that. As you might say, haha!

Mark, if FS9 is so good & FS2020 is so bad... then why keep visiting the FS2020 forum? Maybe secretly, you like FS2020 :)

(Don’t think I’ve been to the FS9 forum for about 15 years)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Now this is your best idea yet. No anger here, just amusement at your oft-repeated notion that FS9 is the gold standard of flight simming. I think a lot of us get a kick out of that. As you might say, haha!

How many complex airliners you flown this week?

I know you don't fly them but I think you get the point. :pilot:

Mark Daniels