Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done with FS2020

Default I'm done with FS2020

Game hasn't been working correctly for the past couple of months... no live weather, Cirrus SR22 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner disappeared, unable to access Marketplace, etc. Now the latest problems has to do with downloading the World Update IV... program directs me to download update and then says it can't connect to server... ends up being an infinite loop. I'm done with this piece of crap of a game. I uninstalled the game and will go back to playing FS9. It may not have the awe factor of FS2020 but at least it works consistently.

“...will go back to playing FS9. It may not have the awe factor of FS2020 but at least it works consistently.”
    - I hope you’ve sorted the keyboard problems you had with FS9

Like many others here, I’m thoroughly enjoying MSFS.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset

So this is your last post, then?
    MSI Mag Z390 M/B, I7-9700K 4.7 Ghz, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I cannot cure the download problem, but I too had the no-real-weather, and the Marketplace not available, and some of the other woes you describe. Turned out it was all due to the fact that apparently the update shut off my online capability. This is a setting in the data section of options, and by enabling it all was made well again in Microsoftland. The idea to do this came from a YouTube video, and it is to MS's discredit that they apparently can't get out an update that would go smoothly without half of the world pulling out their hair (what little they have left after COVID!) and turning the air blue with invective! (like I was doing yesterday!)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinfolsom View Post
    So this is your last post, then?

That kind of comment can only come from USA...
    While you better stick to this forum Kevin,
    dveswans is welcome to make his third post in eleven years in the FSX forum !
    i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case
    Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5
    Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Default Done with MSFS 2020

I too am sorry for your disappointment. And I get extremely frustrated with it too. But part of the problem for me has been my lack of understanding and being behind the power curve where I think I could be if I had good documentation. Even the Sofly eBook to me doesn't cover enough to get a person up and running. I suspect that much of the frustration is because Microsoft has not really done much besides putting their name on it and the software is being updated and fixed by Asobo and Aerosoft and other third-party providers. This way of handling issues means that they will always be behind the issues, and they are going to focus on the worst issues for the majority of the users. So, bottom line is if we are going to continue to press on with this then we are left with others that are more capable (read experienced) than ourselves and YouTubers that are willing to share their expertise.

I don't know what it is, but I love msfs2020. It works great. Every once in a while it freezes up but all in all it works great. All my equipment works, GPs works , even little nav works great. Here is my set up

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.T View Post
    That kind of comment can only come from USA...
    While you better stick to this forum Kevin,
    dveswans is welcome to make his third post in eleven years in the FSX forum !
    He said he was going back to FS9. So I guess he can make his 3rd post in 11 years in the FS2004 forum.
    MSI Mag Z390 M/B, I7-9700K 4.7 Ghz, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

....changed mind on post....let them do what they want with their 3 posts that they used these boards for.
    Last edited by JohnnyJohnJohn; 04-15-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by nwanerka View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I love msfs2020. It works great. Every once in a while it freezes up but all in all it works great. All my equipment works, GPs works , even little nav works great.
    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Does your Realsim Gear GNS work after the latest update? Mine doesn't, and Realsim said they had to wait for Asobo? Which kind of sucks because I just got mine.....
    Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast