Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done with FS2020

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.T View Post
    That kind of comment can only come from USA...
    While you better stick to this forum Kevin,
    dveswans is welcome to make his third post in eleven years in the FSX forum !
    Well I'm Canadian and second Kevin's comment!

Look, I sympathize with the frustration. MSFS has knowingly pushed gaming boundaries, so many people without the exactly right hardware and without the exactly perfect configurations end up suffering. I get it. But it will get better over time, assuming the average person continues upgrading their hardware over time. The hardware needs are definitely not going to get lower. I haven't researched figures but Microsoft has probably made millions from happy customers. I am definitely one of them. Not sure my wife is given that this has spiraled into a new chapter of my life as a real-life student pilot, but she's doing okay.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dveswans View Post
    I'm done with this piece of crap of a game. I uninstalled the game and will go back to playing FS9.
    Welcome back to FS9! Things here are not going to ever get better.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Welcome back to FS9! Things here are not going to ever get better.
    Ah, yes. The wonders of FS9, vintage 2004! Here we go again ...

FS9 - Kind of like dumping your smart TV and going back to black and white television...

His other posts were problems with FS9 as well. Gee, maybe he should just not be into flight simming?
    Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I have an idea, let's all go back to AM radio?

I had no problem with the update. I just flew across Belgium without any problems, EBLG to EBOS.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by UPHILL3 View Post
    FS9 - Kind of like dumping your smart TV and going back to black and white television...
    Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    Nah, it's more like taking a real flight in a 737 NG or taking a flight in a 737 MAX!
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post

Funny that... I'm getting so much disruptive interfearance with my truck's satellite radio, from new 5G towers, that it's forcing me to turn the radio off in some areas of the city. I used to think it was just sats out of line of sight, but then noticed it only occured in certain areas, and EVERY time in those areas... and so I did a Giggle search and there's your answer!

I'm seeing more and more examples of two steps forward, one step back, due to new things that step on other things. Quality is also suffering in many cases, due to a perceived need for speed to market, make that money before people really think about it.

Back on main topic:

So regarding MSFS2020 specifically... do you guys think that the real problem is a lack of basic core setup documentation?

And poor explanations of update changes and what they mean to the user/client/customer and the individual customer's setup?

Do you feel MS itself ought to look closer at quality control, and user experience frustration, in order to improve things?

Quote Originally Posted by Herc79 View Post
    do you guys think that the real problem is ...................
    I believe that the problem stems from Milton Friedman's analysis of American business. Friedman stated that business's are under no obligation to anyone other than their stockholders; Bill Gates along with his coneys took that message to heart.

Microsoft's sole interest in MSFS2020 is to extract as much money out of the project as possible, while spending the least amount of money in the process.

My guess is that Asobo receives about enough money from Microsoft for program maintenance and upgrades to support about two junior programmers with occasional tech support and guidance from one of the senior guys. They may also have a few minimum wage artistic types doing graphics stuff, aka eye candy. We can see from eight months of history that they move at a two steps forward, one step behind pace. I doubt that it will ever be more than that unless Google or Facebook or someone like that launches a Flight Simulator competitor.

IMO, you'd better like what you have because anything better will be a long time coming.
    i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I'm in the UK and I'm done with it too. It's a great sim but the delivery is pitiful. We changed a script so you have to download the whole engine. I'll try it again when they finish it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast