Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done with FS2020

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Well, I've flown the A320-NX this week. One of my favorite planes in MSFS2020. And your point is?
    My point is you and every other MSFS user have flown the same plane as your selection isn't exactly great and the A320 is not exactly all that complex. You can trash FS9 but it's far more a flight simulator than MSFS.

I struggle to even see PMDG releasing for MSFS PC. I've said in the past, the only place you may see a PMDG aircraft will be on the Xbox version of MSFS.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    My point is you and every other MSFS user have flown the same plane as your selection isn't exactly great and the A320 is not exactly all that complex. You can trash FS9 but it's far more a flight simulator than MSFS.

I struggle to even see PMDG releasing for MSFS PC. I've said in the past, the only place you may see a PMDG aircraft will be on the Xbox version of MSFS.
    Interesting that you know what planes I and "every other MSFS user" are flying. What nonsense. By all means, if you like FS9 use it, but as other have asked, in that case why hang around MSFS forums? Just to bug people? This appears to be your main purpose, but I for one find it tiresome hearing the same juvenile prattle over and over, and will not be responding further. Flying in MSFS is much more interesting.

and will not be responding further.
    Well that'll be a novelty. I'm only here half the time replying to your posts.

Interesting that you know what planes I and "every other MSFS user" are flying.
    You can't be flying that much as there are still hardly any jets and we are months in.

I'm heading back to my iFly 737 in my ancient FS9. Say hi to the wife and kids for me!
    Mark Daniels

Blog Entries

Guys, every sim as it's problems limitations, every simmer expects and wants more than the software developers can deliver...... that's about sums it all up....... have a happy weekend.....
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU
    HP Reverb G2
    CH Eclipse Yoke

Quote Originally Posted by nwanerka View Post
    Yes the realsim gear still works. I was flying last night (4/17/21) and everything is still running great. I don't know why so many people are having trouble. It could be there computers they are using or there internet connection.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update. I'll try mine again. I miss it already.
    Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by neilends View Post
    I have an engineer brother who worked for ten years at (EA) ........
    EA designs and sells their product; however, the arrangement that Asobo has re: MSFS is completely different. Asobo is merely a contractor, they were hired by Microsoft to write the code (create the "game"), Microsoft defined the product and even supplied the background landscape. Microsoft markets the "game" and Microsoft receives 100% of the money users pay for the product.

Asobo is a gaming software company that produces its own products, for them MSFS is something out of left field, and from what I've read they don't attach much importance to it. Asobo no doubt has a similar relationship with its own products as you saw at UA, but for the sim, all work on the product has to be billable to Microsoft or else they're providing charity work for one of the largest companies on the planet. Nothing is done unless Microsoft agrees to pay for it.

Apples and Oranges.
    i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Quote Originally Posted by neilends View Post
    As for a Miltonian philosophical approach to why some people hate MSFS and swear off of it, I don't think it's that abstract or complicated at all. Here's the simple truth: the vast majority of us love the game and don't have problems with it. Simple.
    Well said. Thanks!

Well said. Thanks!
    I love the game and use it myself but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have problems; MSFS does have some very frustrating problems and has had problems from its first release. MSFS is exceptional for the number of problems it has, and the slow response to provide remedies; for example: ability to use multiple screens isn't scheduled to become available until next year, the number of people who have been forced to re-download 125GB of data (in some cases repeatedly) is unconscionable, and on and on; we have come to just accept that updates will have bugs.

Bugs and problems are the underlying subject for this whole thread.

It's a great game, but let's not pretend it is something it isn't.

I will add that I don't think it is logical or helpful for us users to help Microsoft cover up for the product's deficiencies.
    Last edited by sfojimbo; 04-17-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I fully agree. I think we are all well aware of problems with MSFS, but haven't seen anybody trying to cover them up (there may be such folks, but I haven't encountered them). Personally, I have both encountered problems and sought help in the forums, and also have tried to help others when I think I can. It's all about being constructive and positive, rather than destructive and negative (as some unfortunately are, but that's life).

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    I look at all the forums including FS2002. This one is sometimes worth posting in but that doesn't mean I have an interest in the game. I may have an interest in the discussion so I post. Not a hope I will buy it and it doesn't state anywhere ownership is required to create a post.
    Do you own the product?
    MSI Mag Z390 M/B, I7-9700K 4.7 Ghz, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast