Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Addon scenery file in FSX and the actual Scenery library

Default addon scenery

Well unfortunately, when I open the "scenery library" to select or deselect a scenery to fly to, NONE of the over 200 sceneries that I've placed in Addon Scenery appears, so it is valueless to me. Can I create a new scenery library?
    Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Sounds like the conflict started since you installed the ORBX sceneries. Have you tried uninstalling the ORBX sceneries to see if everything goes back to normal?

Default Addon scenery

Interestingly. I've had ORBX on my system and it has worked fine for at least 4 years. It's obvious that the scenery library is picking up the information from the ORBX libraries. The question is, why did it change over night? Where does the scenery library get its information. It's picking up ORBX not Addon scenery but how is it doing it? It's pointing in the wrong place. How do I alter where its pointing?
    Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Default addon scenery, Scenery Library

Apparently there are no ideas to correct this situation. I guess if I reinstall FSXSE every will start from ground zero again. Does anyone know where the scenery library populates from?
    Brian W.

You need to verify your cache!
    To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
    2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
    3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
    4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
    5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
    6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
    7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
    8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
    9. Restart Steam
    10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

I did that Mr. Zippy and still got the same Scenery Library as I had before. It shows all the ORBX stuff and the original things for FSX,but none of the over 200 other sceneries I have added. When you look at the "Scenery library" it shows a number of things I have added but zero from the add on file titled (scenery) which is where all these files sit. I hate to do another install, have already done about a hundred of those from the disk, from STEAM, been using the simulator since 1998 but this one has me stuffed and I don't know what caused it. I didn't do any system tweaking. Knitting might be the next option.
    Brian W.

OK, here comes the "crazy" question......ignoring what the Scenery Library says, if you go to or fly in the areas of the installed scenery files, do you see what you are suppose to see or do you just see default scenery?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Blog Entries

again, the folder
    Addon scenery/scenery

is listed in fsx Scenery Library as an entry:
    "Addon scenery"

airports that you place(d) in folder:
    Addon scenery/scenery

are not individually listed in the Scenery Library. you will only see "Addon scenery" listed.

The "Addon scenery" entry should be listed much furtherd down then the part of the Library you showed an image of. Scroll down...

If "Addon scenery" is not listed simply add the folder ilto the Library with the "Add Area" button. (on the right.).

Mr. Zippy,

When i activate ORBX Central, the ORBX Scenery is fine. Maybe I don't understand how to deactivate the ORBX and go back or is that even relevant? The rest of the scenery is not what I expect, pretty much default. Thanks.

TO: Il88pp
    I see your message and will lower the addon scenery in the Scenery Library and see what happens. Thanks.
    Brian W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12