Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Looking to trade old Flight Simulator 5.1 software

  1. #1

    Default Looking to trade old Flight Simulator 5.1 software

    I would be very grateful if anyone would dig out their old FS5 stuff, I am especially after the following:

    Aircraft:

    Apollo Collection 1: Airbus Family
    Apollo Collection 2: Boeing Family
    Apollo Collection 3: Great Airlines
    Anything by TekMate (I know they supplied planes for Apollo)
    Technic Direct HQ Aircraft Collection or anything by Technic Direct.
    Swiss Aircraft Collection

    Scenery:

    Perfect Flight Deluxe: Ireland
    WizardWorks Scenery Canada
    Apollo Azores & Madeira
    Apollo Rescue Air 911
    Apollo Scenery & Object Designer
    Apollo Europe 2
    Apollo Flight Adventures
    Abacus Airport & Scenery Designer
    Lago Venice
    Australia I & II

    Panels:

    Visually Incredible Panels - FS Support Package
    PROPELLERhead Flightline Panels

    Misc:

    Colorado Technologies Cessna Custom Kit
    Papa Tango FSFX
    FS Clouds Pro


    I can offer the following files:

    Southern California Expansion Pack
    Perfect Flight Deluxe: Great Britain
    FS Global Upgrade (rare 2 CD global scenery upgrade from 1998, works with FS5, FS95 & FS98!)
    BAO Flight Sim Flight Shop
    Flight!ZONE - Schiratti Commander
    Lago Tokyo! Photorealistic Scenery
    Apollo Europe 1
    Madrid Scenery for FS5.1
    Virtual Squadron: Thunderbirds Past & Present (Paul Hartl)
    The Pilot's Toy Box (700 aircraft, main set by Paul Hartl)
    Microsoft Scenery Pack for FS5.1 (Hawaii, Japan, Caribbean)
    MicroWings Dallas Ft. Worth
    Airbus 98 (formerly "Airbus and Toulouse")
    Apollo Collection 4 Business Jets
    Global Sorties

    Fully registered and "must have" FS5.1 panels by Marc Suxdorf:

    Original Cessna Panel 2.0
    IFR panel
    Turboprop Panel
    Piper PA Series Panel
    A3xx Panel

    PM me if this is of interest. Lets keep the old sims alive!
    Last edited by flightnerd86; 04-15-2021 at 11:10 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi!
    I have been looking everywhere for FS5 addons, but most pages that use to host them are now dead. Just got here by googling and registered to ask if you would be willing to sell some of the addons you have? I'm mostly interested on Perfect Flight Deluxe: Great Britain, FS Global Upgrade and The Pilot's Toy Box.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Char, thanks for responding! Sure I can. Is there any way you can PM me your email?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flightnerd86 View Post
    Hi Char, thanks for responding! Sure I can. Is there any way you can PM me your email?
    Doesn't seem I can, but I wrote my email on my about page in my profile.

    I mostly interested on digital files as I'm not a hardcore flight simmer, but have interest in old sims in general and recently I got to play the old dos flight sims.

    I find sad that no one thought of archiving the extra and user made content for these games in a public way, as they are discarded as soon as a new one comes out, which make the retroactive perception of the communities that formed around them very shallow. And even though, I did not grow up with these games, I find the unique abstract view of the world they present fascinating.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 1996
    Location
    FlightSim.Com World HQ
    Posts
    3,604
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default

    User made freeware content for these old sims is readily available in the file library here...

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    User made freeware content for these old sims is readily available in the file library here...
    I feel stupid, haha! I checked the new files section and thought the site only went down to FS2004. Now I'm gonna have fun browsing through the files, thanks!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Char View Post
    Doesn't seem I can, but I wrote my email on my about page in my profile.

    I mostly interested on digital files as I'm not a hardcore flight simmer, but have interest in old sims in general and recently I got to play the old dos flight sims.

    I find sad that no one thought of archiving the extra and user made content for these games in a public way, as they are discarded as soon as a new one comes out, which make the retroactive perception of the communities that formed around them very shallow. And even though, I did not grow up with these games, I find the unique abstract view of the world they present fascinating.
    Nice, I'll get in touch.

    I agree with you on all points here. There are some things here and there online if you look in the right places. Some can be found on archive.org.

    Nels, the freeware that is one here is great, thanks for still dedicating space to preserving content for the old sims here over the years!
    The only thing which I think is a bit sad is that there seems to be very little activity or interest for the really old games, compared to other game series with a strong retro community.
    Last edited by flightnerd86; 05-26-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Old Old Old But Super Super Shiny Engines
    By aharon in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 02:44 PM
  2. FS9 old Man, old flyer over old England
    By firecracker in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 01:41 AM
  4. Classics**old**very old**very very old**Random shots.............
    By nicamex in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 09:07 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-1998, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •