I'm the dumbest 2020 flight simmer in town!!!

daspinall

It never occurred to me to overclock the graphics card. I can run FS2020 in Ultra on screens but not in VR... This morning the idea of overclocking the card came to me..I tweaked it and set the fans to full power. I did a test around Dover in VR in Ultra mode not only did it not bomb out It reported 39 fps I now feel like I have a new graphics card although it's the same one ha.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

It never occurred to me to overclock the graphics card. I can run FS2020 in Ultra on screens but not in VR... This morning the idea of overclocking the card came to me..I tweaked it and set the fans to full power. I did a test around Dover in VR in Ultra mode not only did it not bomb out It reported 39 fps I now feel like I have a new graphics card although it's the same one ha.....

That's fine, but keep an eye on temps for a week or two...

That's fine, but keep an eye on temps for a week or two...

I certainly will, I'm actually looking into liquid coolers right now......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

In all honesty, the difference between a closed loop liquid cooling system and air is very marginal. Probably about 3 degrees if that. Not only that, but you run the risk of a coolant leakage (rare, but I've heard of it happening) somewhere and now you have a massive mess and a paper weight unless components are under warranty and they'll honor it. This is also true for that Artic Silver thermal grease and the other products. You'll get maybe a few degrees lower on the temps versus that with which comes stock with the CPU cooler. I used the stuff that came with my cooler because I figured the manufacturer tested it with that cooler. Then again, maybe not, I don't know. In any case, I don't care much because I wasn't blowing money on a fluff product for marginal temp differences.

I'm actually using the good ol' tried and true Cooler Master Evo (overly used word) 212 CPU cooler. My temps are pretty damn good at load withen COD Modern Warfare or GTA V, etc. I can't remember what the temps were off hand, but know they were decent. I just checked and at idle I see ~75 degrees Fahrenheit (~24 degrees Celsius).

I'm an inventor and have a waaaay better system to all this. But there's a few things I need to work out. Since I'm not even patent pending yet, I can't say what it is. :D LOL

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

In all honesty, the difference between a closed loop liquid cooling system and air is very marginal. Probably about 3 degrees if that. Not only that, but you run the risk of a coolant leakage (rare, but I've heard of it happening) somewhere and now you have a massive mess and a paper weight unless components are under warranty and they'll honor it. This is also true for that Artic Silver thermal grease and the other products. You'll get maybe a few degrees lower on the temps versus that with which comes stock with the CPU cooler. I used the stuff that came with my cooler because I figured the manufacturer tested it with that cooler. Then again, maybe not, I don't know. In any case, I don't care much because I wasn't blowing money on a fluff product for marginal temp differences.

I'm actually using the good ol' tried and true Cooler Master Evo (overly used word) 212 CPU cooler. My temps are pretty damn good at load withen COD Modern Warfare or GTA V, etc. I can't remember what the temps were off hand, but know they were decent. I just checked and at idle I see ~75 degrees Fahrenheit (~24 degrees Celsius).

I'm an inventor and have a waaaay better system to all this. But there's a few things I need to work out. Since I'm not even patent pending yet, I can't say what it is. :D LOL

All true, but for the OP, who has messed with his system and is worried enough to CHOOSE a temperature solution, I prefer the advice I give as the only way to be certain of results.

I have seen personally a difference of up to 20 Celsius from advanced cooling solutions, but equally I have first-hand experience of multi-dollar solutions that achieved NOTHING...:confused: