Orientalism Nairobi airprot

JSMR

JSMR,

I've had the FS9 HKJK Jomo Kenyatta airport for quite some years now, along with a number of other airports/airfields in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Pemba and Zanzibar. It's a great area to (VFR) fly around in and especially between the "Safari" airfields like, Ngorongoro, Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Mt. Kenya Safari Club, Lake Manyara and those in the wildlife parks.

However, I found HKJK itself a little too barren for my own personal liking and have therefore enhanced it strongly by adding many (fantasy) EZ and RWY12 scenery objects, e.g. static (local paint) aircraft, trees, apron vehicles, parked cars, etc. just to make it look and even feel, somewhat better.

I also added many local paint AI aircraft and flight plans, so much so in fact that it was necessary to increase the number of Afcad parking positions at HKJK.

I've had no technical problems with the original HKJK.

After reading your post I did a search myself to see if I could (re-)find HKJK somewhere but was not very successful. To me it seems that the original vendor has pulled the plug on it, but why ?

Good luck anyway though.

Regards

Hans

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I'm doing the same and slowly building my Africa data base of airports and scenery.

I did email the developer of the Orientalism HKJK 'airprot'.

A very big no but no reason given.

Although I did email Emmanuel Mwandosya who has done some amazing freeware African airports and he's mentioned that HJFK is on his list for the future which is encouraging.

Looking forward to Emmanuel's newest products and if his future HKJK is any better (= more detailed) than the one I now have and especially if he has modelled the immediate "shanty town" area directly around HKJK, then I will (try to) be the first in the lineup to download/install it.

My reason for being interested in all East African airports and airfields is that I've actually been to most of them myself.

Hakuna Matata.

Hans