Stutters on a new system

Bwoinbeerr

So, I have posted here before, about them dreaded stutters

I have bought a new mid range system:

Windows 10 Pro

I5-10600k

Nvidia 1060 Super

16GB RAM

And I am experiencing the same amount of stutters I had on my old I7-3770k system. I have this on the regular and Steam edition. These stutters appear on the ground, when taxying and turning.

To be honest I feel quite sick to my stomach..I have tried so many tweaks, but the exact same stutter, in the exact same spot appear...What does this tell? It happens on a vanilla and tweaked setup...

I have followed all these tweak guides, but it does not fix this problem

Hope someone can help

Cheers

You say you have "tweaked" your sim (we have no idea what that actually entails), but did you try reducing the scenery sliders (including air, road and boat traffic) to minimal, perhaps one at a time, or perhaps start with all at minimum, then bring them up, a notch at a time, until the stutters start? Of course that's assuming they go away when you get them all to a minimum.

Have you examined the difference in flying around, say, New York City and around, say, Gallup, New Mexico? Have you checked out how stutters may differ (if at all) between different aircraft (some aircraft demand more resources than others)?

Have you checked what else is running on your system? Some programs demand a great deal of resources, or perhaps just of one or two critical resources.

I'm getting so basic above because 1) you didn't detail what you've tried and 2) obviously whatever you've done didn't pinpoint the problem, so back to basic troubleshooting.

The above isn't saying leave your sim in a minimal state, just that it's things to try to isolate the problem(s). FSX does, of course, demand a fair chunk of resources, so starting with everything low can help pinpoint what's wrong.

Addendum: You say, " but the exact same stutter, in the exact same spot appear..." -- is that indicating that you only get stutters in one place or one small area, or is it intermittent or is it widespread?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi

I have tried all possible tweaks, and combinations of them. I`ve messed around with bufferpools, text bandwith mult, you name it. Also tried both DX9 and DX10 modes. Tried many different Nvidia Inspector settings too

The thing is, and I can`t remember if I`m correct tbh, is that I always thought the games run so much better on my old Windows 7 system...

I get stutters in many airports, but I am using Lelystad aiport for tweaking, and no matter what I change, there are always the stutters in the exact same location, unplayable for me, as it totally spoils the immersion

I have also run the game with all sliders to the left, without any autogen and traffix, but the stutters are still there

Thanks for helping me!

If using the trike thingy, every slider turned to minimum and no FSUIPC installed it should not stutter anywhere on your system if vanilla.

Are the stutters same places and to the same severity on both your new and old systems? Your old system you ran Win 7 correct?

I found FS9 has stutters which myself and a friend have managed to completely remove. FSX very likely will have the same issues. I’m just trying to work out if you might be suffering from this. Need you to please respond with accurate replies.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

I get stutters in many airports, but I am using Lelystad aiport for tweaking, and no matter what I change, there are always the stutters in the exact same location, unplayable for me, as it totally spoils the immersion

OK, you say "exact same location" which implies to me that it's fine, then you hit a spot and it stutters. Does it just stutter while you're on or near that spot, or does it continue once you've hit the spot, or... ??? Describe this a bit more.

I ask because I've seen, even in flight, certain spots where there's a 1-3 second pause, then it continues as normal. There are only a few spots like this, but I've never found a cause, and when I do multiplayer a friend pauses in EXACTLY the same place, usually a slightly shorter pause because his system is a bit faster. I've also seen an occasional "bump" on the ground, but it's usual that the aircraft reacts momentarily then is back to normal.

So perhaps a more complete description would help someone, including where the spot is on the airport, since you say same airport same spot, on the ground only. Since we can't SEE what's happening we rely on your description.

And finally, is this with ALL aircraft, only a few, or maybe just with one aircraft?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

If using the trike thingy, every slider turned to minimum and no FSUIPC installed it should not stutter anywhere on your system if vanilla.

Are the stutters same places and to the same severity on both your new and old systems? Your old system you ran Win 7 correct?

I found FS9 has stutters which myself and a friend have managed to completely remove. FSX very likely will have the same issues. I’m just trying to work out if you might be suffering from this. Need you to please respond with accurate replies.

I have noticed that the stutters are especially when using payware planes like the iFly 737 and the Carenado planes.

The stutters almost only happen while on the ground, making turns, I don't know if stutter is the correct turn, as the game does not pause , I have thought it has something to do with vsync perhaps

I am away from my pc, work related stuff. Will be back on saturday, thinking about reinstalling the boxed version, as I see no benifit in using SE

The strange thing is it used to run smooth a couple of years ago, until a w10 update changed that. I used to have almost no stutter on my old I5 3570 sytem, with W7

I have also tried Processor Lasso and other booster programs, but no dice

Thanks mate!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

It appears you have the same issue as found on FS9. If you do a reinstall with vanilla FSX, test like I outlined. Install absolutely nothing, use trike, minimum on all sliders and especially do not install FSUIPC. Taxi around and see if FSX is smooth.

Then install your iFly which will also install FSUIPC. Test again and tell me what happens.

Mark Daniels

What I see on that short clip is a problem with the video update on your system, and not something I'd attribute to the sim itself. Since TV went digital a number of years back, I see something similar on occasion as the video pans from side to side, and your clip looks about the same, with the turn rate of the aircraft and windshield view being faster than the computer/monitor can follow. You say you don't see that in flight, but it would be interesting if you were in a Cub or C-172 at about 20-30 ft AGL and around 70-80 MPH to see what it looks like if you make a fairly steep (thus rapid rate) turn. This would be less likely to happen at high cruise in a, Bonanza say, or in a jet, if it's what I think it is, but is likely under the above stated conditions.

It also would be interesting to see whether it happens if your rate of turn on the ground is much slower.

Also, you've not mentioned, that I recall, what your display resolution is (1080p, 4K, ??), which would also have an effect on this, if it's what I think, an artifact of video compression.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

My display resolution is 1920x1080x32, if that`s what you mean..

This really only happens on the ground. I can do what I want airborne, make steep turns etc, with whatever aircraft, no stuttering

OK -- well, the above is how it appears to me in the clip, and my airborn suggestions were just possible checks, but I don't have a solution, nor have I even seen that particular type of behavior in the sim on my 10 year old Win 7 Pro machine, only on HDTV with compressed video.

I'm sorry I can't be more help...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

I have recorded a small clip. to see what I mean by stutters:

As you can see, the FPS stays at 31

Yes, that is exactly the issue with FS9 and FSX I speak of. It's nothing to do with your system, it's to do with the sim. You will get that with any PC.

Do the same test but do it as I outlined. Complete vanilla installation, every setting to minimum. You should have NO stutters at this point.

Then install the iFly, turn up your settings to a reasonable level and try again. You will have a "very high probability" of witnessing the same stutters again.

Mark Daniels

It's very difficult to get people to accept any new findings in these sims.

The stutter issue applies to EVERY user on EVERY system. The degree of stutters will depend on the add-on being used and this is the reason some "think" they don't have this problem. It's not possible to legally fix it and rectify it for all users.

I am trying to get people to simply listen and acknowledge the issue. Only then will it be possible to globally rectify the problem or this will be a problem that will remain forever with flight simming.

If you do my vanilla test, I guarantee you there will be no stutters as you would not have yet triggered the problem and the problem is also not your system.

Mark Daniels

the problem is also not your system.

This is the bit which is correct. It's the monitor which is too big and too high resolution for the graphics card. Change it for a smaller, non-HD monitor and see how much smoother the sim is even on higher settings.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This is the bit which is correct. It's the monitor which is too big and too high resolution for the graphics card. Change it for a smaller, non-HD monitor and see how much smoother the sim is even on higher settings.

He can run a 1024x768 monitor and if it makes a difference I'll give you a lollipop.

Mark Daniels

1920x1080 (I'm betting the x32 part is colour, though even if it 32" size, it doesn't matter to the GPU) is definitely not too high for that video card.

1920x1080 (I'm betting the x32 part is colour, though even if it 32" size, it doesn't matter to the GPU) is definitely not too high for that video card.

It shouldn't do (in theory) but it evidently DOES. I'm currently using a 1920x1080 27" SD monitor with none of the stuttering issues I had with the 3840x2160 28" 4K HD monitor I was using with my GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb GPU. My takeaway is this: HD - AVOID. SD - GOOD.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It shouldn't do (in theory) but it evidently DOES. I'm currently using a 1920x1080 27" SD monitor with none of the stuttering issues I had with the 3840x2160 28" 4K HD monitor I was using with my GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb GPU. My takeaway is this: HD - AVOID. SD - GOOD.

Your performance difference was due to the resolution difference, not physical size. A 1080p (which is HD by the way) 50" TV and 24" monitor would have the exact same performance using the same GPU. 4k resolutions, however, require pushing four times the number of pixels as 1080p, which requires significantly more processing power and VRAM. On top of that, a GTX 1050 was never designed to run at 4k, which was the domain of the GTX 1080 (and even then it was still pushing the limit). The GTX 1060 was aimed squarely at the 1080p level, and shouldn't be causing stutters here. Those are likely from settings, add-ons, or maybe something else in the sim.

The GTX 1060 was aimed squarely at the 1080p level, and shouldn't be causing stutters here. Those are likely from settings, add-ons, or maybe something else in the sim.

And if he isn't prepared to compromise on graphics settings, add-ons or anything else, then his monitor is too big and too high resolution.

Edited by tiger1962

And if he isn't prepared to compromise on graphics settings, add-ons or anything else, then his monitor is too big and too high resolution.
I have low to medium settings, but even with every sliders at their lowest it stutters.

I've had this monitor since 2013, and it ran fsx smooth, together with my old i5 3570, nvidia 750 system on w7 64 bit

I have low to medium settings, but even with every sliders at their lowest it stutters.

I've had this monitor since 2013, and it ran fsx smooth, together with my old i5 3570, nvidia 750 system on w7 64 bit

When it was smooth were you running your iFly?

Mark Daniels