Thread: Stutters on a new system

Default Stutters on a new system

So, I have posted here before, about them dreaded stutters

I have bought a new mid range system:

Windows 10 Pro
    I5-10600k
    Nvidia 1060 Super
    16GB RAM

And I am experiencing the same amount of stutters I had on my old I7-3770k system. I have this on the regular and Steam edition. These stutters appear on the ground, when taxying and turning.

To be honest I feel quite sick to my stomach..I have tried so many tweaks, but the exact same stutter, in the exact same spot appear...What does this tell? It happens on a vanilla and tweaked setup...

I have followed all these tweak guides, but it does not fix this problem

Hope someone can help

Cheers

You say you have "tweaked" your sim (we have no idea what that actually entails), but did you try reducing the scenery sliders (including air, road and boat traffic) to minimal, perhaps one at a time, or perhaps start with all at minimum, then bring them up, a notch at a time, until the stutters start? Of course that's assuming they go away when you get them all to a minimum.

Have you examined the difference in flying around, say, New York City and around, say, Gallup, New Mexico? Have you checked out how stutters may differ (if at all) between different aircraft (some aircraft demand more resources than others)?

Have you checked what else is running on your system? Some programs demand a great deal of resources, or perhaps just of one or two critical resources.

I'm getting so basic above because 1) you didn't detail what you've tried and 2) obviously whatever you've done didn't pinpoint the problem, so back to basic troubleshooting.

The above isn't saying leave your sim in a minimal state, just that it's things to try to isolate the problem(s). FSX does, of course, demand a fair chunk of resources, so starting with everything low can help pinpoint what's wrong.

Addendum: You say, " but the exact same stutter, in the exact same spot appear..." -- is that indicating that you only get stutters in one place or one small area, or is it intermittent or is it widespread?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi

I have tried all possible tweaks, and combinations of them. I`ve messed around with bufferpools, text bandwith mult, you name it. Also tried both DX9 and DX10 modes. Tried many different Nvidia Inspector settings too

The thing is, and I can`t remember if I`m correct tbh, is that I always thought the games run so much better on my old Windows 7 system...

I get stutters in many airports, but I am using Lelystad aiport for tweaking, and no matter what I change, there are always the stutters in the exact same location, unplayable for me, as it totally spoils the immersion

I have also run the game with all sliders to the left, without any autogen and traffix, but the stutters are still there

Thanks for helping me!

When you said it happens with vanilla, was that absolute vanilla without absolutely nothing installed?

Yes, a complete reinstall of FSX, with no add ons installed

I have good and smooth performance while flying, but it stutters on the ground, especially when making turns...

If using the trike thingy, every slider turned to minimum and no FSUIPC installed it should not stutter anywhere on your system if vanilla.

Are the stutters same places and to the same severity on both your new and old systems? Your old system you ran Win 7 correct?

I found FS9 has stutters which myself and a friend have managed to completely remove. FSX very likely will have the same issues. I’m just trying to work out if you might be suffering from this. Need you to please respond with accurate replies.
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 04-14-2021 at 04:53 PM.

I get stutters in many airports, but I am using Lelystad aiport for tweaking, and no matter what I change, there are always the stutters in the exact same location, unplayable for me, as it totally spoils the immersion
    OK, you say "exact same location" which implies to me that it's fine, then you hit a spot and it stutters. Does it just stutter while you're on or near that spot, or does it continue once you've hit the spot, or... ??? Describe this a bit more.

I ask because I've seen, even in flight, certain spots where there's a 1-3 second pause, then it continues as normal. There are only a few spots like this, but I've never found a cause, and when I do multiplayer a friend pauses in EXACTLY the same place, usually a slightly shorter pause because his system is a bit faster. I've also seen an occasional "bump" on the ground, but it's usual that the aircraft reacts momentarily then is back to normal.

So perhaps a more complete description would help someone, including where the spot is on the airport, since you say same airport same spot, on the ground only. Since we can't SEE what's happening we rely on your description.

And finally, is this with ALL aircraft, only a few, or maybe just with one aircraft?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    If using the trike thingy, every slider turned to minimum and no FSUIPC installed it should not stutter anywhere on your system if vanilla.

Are the stutters same places and to the same severity on both your new and old systems? Your old system you ran Win 7 correct?

I found FS9 has stutters which myself and a friend have managed to completely remove. FSX very likely will have the same issues. I’m just trying to work out if you might be suffering from this. Need you to please respond with accurate replies.
    I have noticed that the stutters are especially when using payware planes like the iFly 737 and the Carenado planes.

The stutters almost only happen while on the ground, making turns, I don't know if stutter is the correct turn, as the game does not pause , I have thought it has something to do with vsync perhaps

I am away from my pc, work related stuff. Will be back on saturday, thinking about reinstalling the boxed version, as I see no benifit in using SE

The strange thing is it used to run smooth a couple of years ago, until a w10 update changed that. I used to have almost no stutter on my old I5 3570 sytem, with W7

I have also tried Processor Lasso and other booster programs, but no dice

Thanks mate!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

It appears you have the same issue as found on FS9. If you do a reinstall with vanilla FSX, test like I outlined. Install absolutely nothing, use trike, minimum on all sliders and especially do not install FSUIPC. Taxi around and see if FSX is smooth.
    Then install your iFly which will also install FSUIPC. Test again and tell me what happens.

I have recorded a small clip. to see what I mean by stutters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehtbjnbv-ro

As you can see, the FPS stays at 31

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast