Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stutters on a new system

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    It shouldn't do (in theory) but it evidently DOES. I'm currently using a 1920x1080 27" SD monitor with none of the stuttering issues I had with the 3840x2160 28" 4K HD monitor I was using with my GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb GPU. My takeaway is this: HD - AVOID. SD - GOOD.
    Your performance difference was due to the resolution difference, not physical size. A 1080p (which is HD by the way) 50" TV and 24" monitor would have the exact same performance using the same GPU. 4k resolutions, however, require pushing four times the number of pixels as 1080p, which requires significantly more processing power and VRAM. On top of that, a GTX 1050 was never designed to run at 4k, which was the domain of the GTX 1080 (and even then it was still pushing the limit). The GTX 1060 was aimed squarely at the 1080p level, and shouldn't be causing stutters here. Those are likely from settings, add-ons, or maybe something else in the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    The GTX 1060 was aimed squarely at the 1080p level, and shouldn't be causing stutters here. Those are likely from settings, add-ons, or maybe something else in the sim.
    And if he isn't prepared to compromise on graphics settings, add-ons or anything else, then his monitor is too big and too high resolution.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 04-19-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    And if he isn't prepared to compromise on graphics settings, add-ons or anything else, then his monitor is too big and too high resolution.
    I have low to medium settings, but even with every sliders at their lowest it stutters.

I've had this monitor since 2013, and it ran fsx smooth, together with my old i5 3570, nvidia 750 system on w7 64 bit

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bwoinbeerr View Post
    I have low to medium settings, but even with every sliders at their lowest it stutters.

I've had this monitor since 2013, and it ran fsx smooth, together with my old i5 3570, nvidia 750 system on w7 64 bit

When it was smooth were you running your iFly?
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    When it was smooth were you running your iFly?
    I did not have the iFly back then, but I did have the Carenado B350, which is a system hog

I did not have the iFly back then, but I did have the Carenado B350, which is a system hog

If you end up doing a reinstall, try what I suggested. You should have a completely smooth vanilla FSX with all settings turned down and no add-ons installed whatsoever.
    As soon as you add just the iFly, even with all settings still down, I expect your stutters will return.

If you can ever confirm this would be a great help.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    If you end up doing a reinstall, try what I suggested. You should have a completely smooth vanilla FSX with all settings turned down and no add-ons installed whatsoever.
    As soon as you add just the iFly, even with all settings still down, I expect your stutters will return.

If you can ever confirm this would be a great help.
    So I have reinstalled a vanilla FSX, and as you say, with no add ons installed, there is no stutter

As soon as I use payware planes, like the iFly or the Carenado B350i, the stutter is back again. Even if these are
    the only addons installed, so without any AI traffic, extra scenery etc...

I have noticed something strange though, the stutter only occurs at Dutch airports, the other airports I have tested at (Harrisburg, Copenhagen, Liverpool and many more) do not have any stuttering on the ground, and this even with AI traffic enabled..

I do have tweaked my cfg, and am using a custom Nvidia Inspector Profile

Thanks again!

Bwoinbeerr

So I have reinstalled a vanilla FSX, and as you say, with no add ons installed, there is no stutter

As soon as I use payware planes, like the iFly or the Carenado B350i, the stutter is back again. Even if these are
    the only addons installed, so without any AI traffic, extra scenery etc...

I have noticed something strange though, the stutter only occurs at Dutch airports, the other airports I have tested at (Harrisburg, Copenhagen, Liverpool and many more) do not have any stuttering on the ground, and this even with AI traffic enabled..

I do have tweaked my cfg, and am using a custom Nvidia Inspector Profile

Thanks again!

Bwoinbeerr
    Ok, thanks. FS9 has the same issue. I'm working with a friend to try and resolve it permanently. We are about halfway there.
    Mark Daniels

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123