Sim Update IV is now up!

Hi I had a reply from zendesk and they said

We're aware of an issue with the community content in Microsoft Flight Simulator and we are actively working on it. And also

CONTENT MANAGER

Add-ons/Sceneries/Liveries installed in the Community folder may appear as "Not installed" in Content Manager.

Workaround: Your community content is installed and usable in Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are currently investigating this issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

So dont panick Mr mannering sir lol

I am getting the update now. I believe one of my game settings was to limit data connection to 20Mb/sec. That was for gameplay I thought. But it looks like my download is capped at 20Mb/sec. Kind of sucks. It would be nice if they gave us a chance to say let it run - no limit!

Pat

I had the same problem as you descirbe. What I did was make a screen print of the file involved (may take several tries because it is flickering on the download screen)

Then I went into my Official folder (while it was downloading) and there was the file also flickering. I hit delete (also takes some practice) and download continued without a problem. May sound as an odd solution but It seemed to work for me.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

Hi, just adding myself to those seeing all the items in Community folder as "not installed" in Content Manager after the update, even if they're all present in-game and working fine.

I tried the solution some have suggested (renaming the Community folder to something else, forcing MSFS to create it again, then moving the items to the new folder), to no avail. They're still labeled as "not installed". I know this is supposed to be done BEFORE the update, but just in case.

As long as the items are working, it looks like a minor issue to me, specially if a fix is already on its way, as it seems.

Other than that, the update worked perfect to me. Unlike previous updates, this time I didn't even need to delete again all my unwanted stock features from Content Manager.

Edited by danbiosca
Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

First off, the system installed the "mandatory" update in the wrong order (at least according to a you tube video about it); ie, immediately demanded an update of something called the MS Store (I've been using XPlane for a while and this was new to me, what with the 202 having been installed by Jetline Systems on my new computer without my having to do anything). So, updated the "store". Then restarted 2020 and lo and behold, instead of installing the 1.4 (?) something update it went right ahead and installed a 1.5.7 (?) or something like that. Big update - around 22 GB, but on the new machine and with a very high data rate courtesy of XFinity and Comcast it only took around 15 minutes.

Then I started it up again, and intended to update whatever it is in the marketplace that the video said needed updating - but the marketplace is now unavailable - grayed out entirely and non selectable! Went over to the other area to update some files that the video said needed updating and on every one of them it said that a newer version of the sim was required to update! So no updating there either!

Live weather does not work either, but then again it never did, in my limited experience (It has taken so long, and so much cursing and swearing to get 2020 to the point where I can do anything with it that I almost trashed it. Worst sim experience in my long life in flight simulation!). I have yet to try flying in the new area to see if I can find all the landmarks that 10 years of layovers in Paris have put indelibly in memory, but if my luck holds out I will find what other posters have found - nothing at all!

Does anyone know why little to none of this all is working correctly???

What online status - how do you find that and change it??

I had some of the same problems you had, turned out I was offline (even though I had downloaded a bunch of files), I had to go to Options and select online. Once that was checked, EVERYTHING came back, including Live Weather.

Someone posted the specific way to load Live Weather.

I could be wrong (going off of memory), but in essence, load up with the weather set to Clear

Then once you select Fly to get into the plane, click on the drop down menu, select Weather, then pick Live Weather. I choose it right away, then go about setting up my ILS radio, adding altitude to climb towards, but the time I am done, weather has loaded

Edited by davidc2
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I had the same problem as you descirbe. What I did was make a screen print of the file involved (may take several tries because it is flickering on the download screen)

Then I went into my Official folder (while it was downloading) and there was the file also flickering. I hit delete (also takes some practice) and download continued without a problem. May sound as an odd solution but It seemed to work for me.

I tried to do that, but I could not get a result with folders or files in the 'Official' folder. I started a new thread to focus on just where I was with the update issue.

Pat