Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update IV is now up!

thanks neilends so is that why nothing is installing in the content manager ? but most of it is working I really dont understand whats going on every time there is an update brings more problems getting tired of to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by neilends View Post
    Looks like another new update this morning, in part to address "packages in your community folder that may not have been updated..."
    I am not seeing another Update. Items in Community still have no way to update from the game.
    Ryzen 7 [email protected], Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo212 View Post
    thanks neilends so is that why nothing is installing in the content manager ? but most of it is working I really dont understand whats going on every time there is an update brings more problems getting tired of to be honest.
    I really don't know. I am not much of a software expert. All I can report is that I have had no problems with either of the two downloads, or with content manager.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I found that Community folder is working even when MSFS says not downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I am not seeing another Update. Items in Community still have no way to update from the game.
    I completed the main update download yesterday, and played the game to test it, which revealed no problems.

When I started the game this morning, there was a brand new announcement about another update, with a description of the issues that included my quote above. It was about 5 GB. I tested that too and did not encounter problems when testing the game post-download.

Sorry to all those who are having problems. Been there.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Hi I had a reply from zendesk and they said
    We're aware of an issue with the community content in Microsoft Flight Simulator and we are actively working on it. And also

CONTENT MANAGER

Add-ons/Sceneries/Liveries installed in the Community folder may appear as "Not installed" in Content Manager.
    Workaround: Your community content is installed and usable in Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are currently investigating this issue and it will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

So dont panick Mr mannering sir lol

I am getting the update now. I believe one of my game settings was to limit data connection to 20Mb/sec. That was for gameplay I thought. But it looks like my download is capped at 20Mb/sec. Kind of sucks. It would be nice if they gave us a chance to say let it run - no limit!

Pat

Problems with Update?
    It gets to downloading a very large file called pc-fs-base-bigfiles. It gets to 8 or 10% of the file download. Then it flickers on the screen - the message - and it starts over at 1%. This has happened several times.

I had the same problem as you descirbe. What I did was make a screen print of the file involved (may take several tries because it is flickering on the download screen)
    Then I went into my Official folder (while it was downloading) and there was the file also flickering. I hit delete (also takes some practice) and download continued without a problem. May sound as an odd solution but It seemed to work for me.
    17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

Hi, just adding myself to those seeing all the items in Community folder as "not installed" in Content Manager after the update, even if they're all present in-game and working fine.

I tried the solution some have suggested (renaming the Community folder to something else, forcing MSFS to create it again, then moving the items to the new folder), to no avail. They're still labeled as "not installed". I know this is supposed to be done BEFORE the update, but just in case.

As long as the items are working, it looks like a minor issue to me, specially if a fix is already on its way, as it seems.

Other than that, the update worked perfect to me. Unlike previous updates, this time I didn't even need to delete again all my unwanted stock features from Content Manager.
    Last edited by danbiosca; 04-15-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast