Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FSdreamteam missing buildings

Quote Originally Posted by Agent00729 View Post
    Hi Hans, thanks for the help. The airport is payware from FSdreamteam. KORD in particular. Everything is in the proper folders and activated in scenery library. Is there a proper procedure for installing it outside of Addon Manager? I believe the problem may be related to the Addon manager, as although the airport was released in 2011, the Addon manager required for its use is no longer compatible with windows 7.
    Is it in the CNN or MSNBC folder? Oh Lord, it will never work.....

Michael

Yes, make sure you put it in the FOX folder. That way you will always believe it works, even when it doesn't.

Cheers!

Luke

I have 4 installs. One is a test only, in c:\ for installs that won’t direct to the D drive. I tried to install my FSDT LAX and JFK sceneries onto another D install by copying it, and the buildings won’t show.even in W10.
    Using the C install, and renaming all the folders like scenery, texture, effects and module allows me to see what goes where. It was 4 module files that need to be added. Viola, buildings / terminals appear.

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    I have 4 installs. One is a test only, in c:\ for installs that won’t direct to the D drive. I tried to install my FSDT LAX and JFK sceneries onto another D install by copying it, and the buildings won’t show.even in W10.
    Using the C install, and renaming all the folders like scenery, texture, effects and module allows me to see what goes where. It was 4 module files that need to be added. Viola, buildings / terminals appear.
    You installed directly to the C drive? I have mine in the FS9 folder in the C drive. Do you know what files need to be added? Maybe this is the issue. Although I feel like there’s no reason I wouldn’t have them, as I’m not copying/pasting but using the installer.

Also, as an update, I thought I had it working by putting the scenery at the highest priority. That worked for a couple of weeks. But this weekend when I tested the buildings were gone again. I believe it may be related to the scenery.cfg entry, but not sure how to fix. Let me explain:

Initially, when I installed the scenery, there was no automatic entry in the scenery library. The installer is supposed to add it to the scenery library automatically. So I had to manually add it. But then, a day later, when I looked at the scenery library, the automatic “FSdreamteam KORD” entry was there. So I had two entries, the one I manually added and the one that the installer added.

Then, this weekend, when I went to check the scenery out again, the buildings were gone. I looked at the scenery library and the automatic entry from the installer was gone. Just my entry was there.

No matter how many times I reinstall, the installer won’t put the entry in the library. But I think this is the solution. Somehow I need to get the installer to do as it’s supposed to and put the entry in the library. And I need to figure out how to not get it to disappear.

I can’t get any fsdreamteam scenery installers to put the entry automatically as they’re supposed to. All I manually add. All have buildings that disappear after a certain period of time. But KORD is the one with the shortest period, sometimes days, sometimes minutes after installing the buildings disappear. Right now, to use FSDT sceneries, I have to reinstall before each flight and load up the sim without exiting to use them. If I exit, the buildings may be gone again.
    Last edited by Agent00729; 04-27-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Yeah installed directly to the C and it worked. I have it on the D, but I as trying to add it to another install to the D and it had no buildings until copying the module files.

But that's only because I copy and pasted it from the working install to the D.
    FSDT is tricky to install a little because of the Addon Manager thingy and for the reactivation thingy.

Have you contacted them about activating it etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Yeah installed directly to the C and it worked. I have it on the D, but I as trying to add it to another install to the D and it had no buildings until copying the module files.

But that's only because I copy and pasted it from the working install to the D.
    FSDT is tricky to install a little because of the Addon Manager thingy and for the reactivation thingy.

Have you contacted them about activating it etc etc?
    Yes, you can check out the thread over on the “other” website. The short end of it is they aren’t going to assist.

I’m sure you’ve tried this too, but I upgraded to Windows 10 and couldn’t get it out of trial mode.
    Eventually solved it by running the installer as admin and then starting FS9 as run as admin while installed it manually.
    Restarted in administrator mode again and activated it.
    Since then no problems with the airports running at all and I don’t have to start the sim as Administrator to make it work

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123