Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSdreamteam missing buildings

Default FSdreamteam missing buildings

Does anyone else have this issue? At all Fsdreamteam airports I am unable to see the buildings unless I uninstall/reinstall the scenery immediately before each flight. I have had this problem for at least a year or two. I am using Windows 7, not running FS9 in compatibility mode. The problem is particularly pronounced at KORD. Have the latest Addon Manager and everything. Does anyone know a fix or have experienced this?

Is your FS9 installed in any Program Files folder? If so, move the folder to another location like C:/FS /FS2004 and use the Flight1 Registry Fix program to reset the registry to the sim's new location.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

1. Do you problem airport sceneries appear normally in your scenery.cfg file and and are they all activated ?
    2. Do your problem airports appear normally in your addon scenery folder and do the links from your scenery.cfg point to them correctly ?
    3. Are all necessary BGL files of your problem airports present in your Airport name/scenery folders ?
    4. Are all related BMP texture files present in your Airport name/texture folders ?
    5. Could it be that your (example) problem airport is payware and that it has not (yet) been unlocked correctly for use ?
    6. Have you tried installing your problem airport(s) via the normal FS9 procedure instead of via Addon Manager ?

Can you please supply an example freeware download file name for (one of) your problem airport(s), so that I can test it myself and then report my findings in this thread.

Thanks and regards

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by tgibson_new View Post
    Is your FS9 installed in any Program Files folder? If so, move the folder to another location like C:/FS /FS2004 and use the Flight1 Registry Fix program to reset the registry to the sim's new location.
    Hi Tom, thanks for the response. It is not in program files.

Quote Originally Posted by hjwalter View Post
    1. Do you problem airport sceneries appear normally in your scenery.cfg file and and are they all activated ?
    2. Do your problem airports appear normally in your addon scenery folder and do the links from your scenery.cfg point to them correctly ?
    3. Are all necessary BGL files of your problem airports present in your Airport name/scenery folders ?
    4. Are all related BMP texture files present in your Airport name/texture folders ?
    5. Could it be that your (example) problem airport is payware and that it has not (yet) been unlocked correctly for use ?
    6. Have you tried installing your problem airport(s) via the normal FS9 procedure instead of via Addon Manager ?

Can you please supply an example freeware download file name for (one of) your problem airport(s), so that I can test it myself and then report my findings in this thread.

Thanks and regards

Hans
    Hi Hans, thanks for the help. The airport is payware from FSdreamteam. KORD in particular. Everything is in the proper folders and activated in scenery library. Is there a proper procedure for installing it outside of Addon Manager? I believe the problem may be related to the Addon manager, as although the airport was released in 2011, the Addon manager required for its use is no longer compatible with windows 7.

You ran this? I mean, download that stand alone executable from that web page and run it?

I found the built-in updater to be massively FUBAR which only confirms my suspicions about modules and how things can go to hell using them. Especially if you have a ton of modules installed.

Does this happen in other aircraft? Gauges might interfere with the communication path from the add-on's module functionality. Though, that's just a guess.

They create these modules and what have you to protect their product from being pirated yet it doesn't prevent it at all. It just adds more complexity for things to go wrong. There are better ways. Off the top of my head, a once in a while integrity online check for license verification using the block chain. The license can be buried and encrypted using ChaCha20 or AES in the software its self so that it can't be reverse engineered or facilitate the use of some hack wrapper.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

His problem is that he's trying to deal with decade-old scenery on an unsupported OS. Based on the thread in the other place, he just needs to upgrade to Windows 10 if he wants it to work (and support).

I don't blame FSDT. .NET deals with a lot of my compatibility issues but I'm at the point where I don't support XP (if it works, great, if not too bad) and Windows 7 is getting there (never mind 8). At some point there is a real cost to supporting these older versions and it's not worth the time it takes for a very small minority of the user base.

And FWIW, the updater works quite nicely. The challenge is that it has to run on users' computers. The more diagnostic data I get from my users, the more horrified I am and the more amazed I am that things work at all.

Cheers

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    You ran this? I mean, download that stand alone executable from that web page and run it?

I found the built-in updater to be massively FUBAR which only confirms my suspicions about modules and how things can go to hell using them. Especially if you have a ton of modules installed.

Does this happen in other aircraft? Gauges might interfere with the communication path from the add-on's module functionality. Though, that's just a guess.

They create these modules and what have you to protect their product from being pirated yet it doesn't prevent it at all. It just adds more complexity for things to go wrong. There are better ways. Off the top of my head, a once in a while integrity online check for license verification using the block chain. The license can be buried and encrypted using ChaCha20 or AES in the software its self so that it can't be reverse engineered or facilitate the use of some hack wrapper.
    Yes, this is what I have. Although the scenery is the same from 2011, the required addon manager has changed to no longer support Windows 7. As a result, the scenery apparently isn’t fully functioning properly in Windows 7. I suppose this is the issue. Haven’t noticed any issues with aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    His problem is that he's trying to deal with decade-old scenery on an unsupported OS. Based on the thread in the other place, he just needs to upgrade to Windows 10 if he wants it to work (and support).

I don't blame FSDT. .NET deals with a lot of my compatibility issues but I'm at the point where I don't support XP (if it works, great, if not too bad) and Windows 7 is getting there (never mind 8). At some point there is a real cost to supporting these older versions and it's not worth the time it takes for a very small minority of the user base.

And FWIW, the updater works quite nicely. The challenge is that it has to run on users' computers. The more diagnostic data I get from my users, the more horrified I am and the more amazed I am that things work at all.

Cheers

Luke
    I’m sympathetic to those considerations. Though I wasn’t really really looking for support. I don’t expect continuous updates and improvements. Just the original software to run as it originally did on my machine when I purchased it. If it really isn’t worth the time, then that is sort of telling. All customers are customers, regardless if they are currently in the minority or not.
    Last edited by Agent00729; 04-14-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    At some point there is a real cost to supporting these older versions and it's not worth the time it takes for a very small minority of the user base.
    Unfortunately for this group that's how most developers feel about FS9.
    To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast