Honycomb Alpha flight yoke sensitivity issues?

Cygnus212

I just got my new Honycomb Alpha flight yoke today and the sensitivity is way to low, even with the sensitivity set to max and the dead zones set down to minimum. The yoke in the plane turns much slower than the actual yoke, then when I reach close to maximum input, the yoke in the plane suddenly speeds up. This is making it almost impossible to fly. it Seems Like the sensitivity is still too low but I don't know how it can be fixed since I already have the sensitivity slider maxed. The whole reason I got this yoke was because it has full range of motion. I appreciate any help, thanks.

Edit: I want to clarify I'm talking about the roll. Pitch actually works almost perfectly. Also I do have the Honeycomb configuration software but that only seems to configure buttons not pitch and roll sensitivity.

This isn't about the Honeycomb yoke, it's how joystick input works in FSX (and indeed MSFS). The sim was designed for short-travel joysticks and so applies exponential scaling to the axis inputs. You can't get rid of it unless you use third-party software to map your controls. I spoke about this at great length in my
(starting from about 3:26.)

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Great video you made. Thank you so much, I learned a lot. So I can get around the issue using that program you mentioned FSUIPC then? It has the ability to adjust the sensitivity even more? Thank god at least I can get it to sync up perfectly with the VC yoke in the new MSFS. This is my first time using a yoke. I always used a HOTAS joystick for years.

Great video you made. Thank you so much, I learned a lot. So I can get around the issue using that program you mentioned FSUIPC then? It has the ability to adjust the sensitivity even more? Thank god at least I can get it to sync up perfectly with the VC yoke in the new MSFS. This is my first time using a yoke. I always used a HOTAS joystick for years.

FSUIPC manages the analogue axes itself, although I can't remember if it is completely independent of FSX. It does allow you to select a response curve for each axis, which can be exponential or logarithmic (reverse exponential). So whether it is independent of FSX or not, it will allow you to straighten out the response.

However, in the first instance I would suggest you get the trial version of SPAD.neXt. This too will manage the analogue axes for you but you can edit the response curves however you like. This is much better than FSUIPC and ought to allow complete flexibility. The free version will work for 14 days, which should be enough time to see if it's any use.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg