Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OnAir vs. Air Hauler 2

  1. #1

    Post OnAir vs. Air Hauler 2

    Having has a taste of “career” mode with FSEconomy, I find myself wanting more out of that experience. Nothing wrong with FSEconomy, but it’s limited in what it can offer and feels a bit more like a grind.

    I looked at NeoFly, but that seems more geared towards unusual and stunt-like flying, which I’m not looking for.

    So that boils down to OnAir and Air Hauler 2. Which would you recommend? Why? Pros and cons?

    I know they both have free trials, but I like to give my undivided attention to one thing at a time and don’t trust myself to try the other when the free trial expires! :P
    Ryzen 5 3600 / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    2,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLE_GrummanTiger View Post
    I looked at NeoFly, but that seems more geared towards unusual and stunt-like flying, which I’m not looking for.
    Neofly covers most types of flying, from bush flying to airline routes. You can fly passengers or cargo of various types, or pilot a helicopter (OK the ONLY helicopter for MSFS) on rescue missions of all kinds. You can just fly your own plane or manage an entire airline if you wish, the choice is yours. And it's free of course, but there are benefits to making a donation such unlocking certain modes, liveries, and rescue mission objects.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Neofly covers most types of flying, from bush flying to airline routes. You can fly passengers or cargo of various types, or pilot a helicopter (OK the ONLY helicopter for MSFS) on rescue missions of all kinds. You can just fly your own plane or manage an entire airline if you wish, the choice is yours. And it's free of course, but there are benefits to making a donation such unlocking certain modes, liveries, and rescue mission objects.
    Thanks for enlightening me from a narrow view of NeoFly. I’m going to give it a shot. Why not, it’s free, right? I’ll donate if I find myself playing it regularly!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLE_GrummanTiger View Post
    Having has a taste of “career” mode with FSEconomy, I find myself wanting more out of that experience. Nothing wrong with FSEconomy, but it’s limited in what it can offer and feels a bit more like a grind.

    I looked at NeoFly, but that seems more geared towards unusual and stunt-like flying, which I’m not looking for.

    So that boils down to OnAir and Air Hauler 2. Which would you recommend? Why? Pros and cons?

    I know they both have free trials, but I like to give my undivided attention to one thing at a time and don’t trust myself to try the other when the free trial expires! :P
    I am currently using OnAir and while initially i was happy with it when my second 3 mos are up i am not renewing and will seriously look at Air Hauler. Its a one time cost instead of recurring and to be honest I got sick and tired of the horrible lag in OnAir and they keep readjusting aircraft capacity and range so its hard to continue with a laid out strategy and the only way to contact them is through a discord you HAVE to join if you want to communicate. Plus as you expand your airline or company it just becomes a grind to launch planes and flights..

  5. #5

    Default

    A long time ago there was a helicopter simulator all focused on medevac flights, there was a sequel or two and even one with green helicopters in a faraway jungle... as a simulator it... well it wasn't the best. But, what it lacked in realism and handling, it more than made up in missions that had a feeling that you were accomplishing something! You had to Search And REscue! (get it?)

    You HAD to make it, or your virtual casualty wasn't gonna make it! They had moving ships with landing pads, ships with a place for a frogman rescuer to rappel down to or winch a casualty up, that bobbed about in the waves, crosswinds to contend with, had to have at the very least "good" hover skills. Then you'd take your casualty to a hospital before heading to home base for the end of your mission.

    This NeoFly might just bring that kind of "fun" into FS2020!

    Check it out:
    https://www.neofly.net/

    Just watched a few vids, and it's interesting to be sure. Even more surprising, is that it's "donationware", try for free, donate if you like it/use it... nice!

    Add in the brand new and now incredible Airbus H-135 project that seems to be updated twice a week lately, that went from "unfliyable junk" to "payware quality" in just a couple of months, and is free... I mean, they beat MS and Asobo at bringing a working flying helo to MSFS, and now have a full working autopilot for the helo too, working MFD display options, and much more.

    Anyway, I'm liking what I see with this Neofly project...
    Last edited by Herc79; 04-12-2021 at 07:34 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    The helo I mentioned is made by Media Hype Train,

    https://flightsim.to/file/8970/airbu...copter-project



    This channel covers/reviews each update lately:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJD...-CfEdosZG5hpRw

Similar Threads

  1. Air Hauler?
    By gigemaggs99 in forum FS2004
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 08:15 PM
  2. Air Hauler ?
    By gigemaggs99 in forum Newcomer Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 12:26 AM
  3. Air Hauler - Must have add on!
    By Brettxw in forum FSX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM
  4. New VA named Onair seeks livery developer
    By Onair in forum Virtual Airlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 01:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •