What is my PC doing?

I've been patient with MSFS hiccups over time, but the last few days my aggravation level is getting pretty high. When approaching any particular airport, my PC seems to choke up and suddenly fall into some low-performance mode with a lot of stuttering. This is not even for a large metro city, mind you.

I took a screenshot of Task Manager during one of these moments. Is there any data here that points to the problem? I notice that a few levels are showing up as at or about 100% usage, which seems problematic. Any ideas?

gpu.jpg

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I notice that a few levels are showing up as at or about 100% usage, which seems problematic. Any ideas?

I've been having these same issues for weeks now. I finally fixed my i5-7600k CPU and GTX1050Ti 4Gb GPU constantly running at near 100% by swapping my new 4k monitor for my old Acer 27" standard definition monitor. Both CPU and GPU run at around 60% now on the same Medium graphics settings I was using with the 4k monitor.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've been having these same issues for weeks now. I finally fixed my i5-7600k CPU and GTX1050Ti 4Gb GPU constantly running at near 100% by swapping my new 4k monitor for my old Acer 27" standard definition monitor. Both CPU and GPU run at around 60% now on the same Medium graphics settings I was using with the 4k monitor.
Out of interest Tim, does it look much worse in non-4k? I don't use a 4k monitor but I have often wondered if there is much benefit.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Out of interest Tim, does it look much worse in non-4k? I don't use a 4k monitor but I have often wondered if there is much benefit.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Not to me it doesn't, and I spent 4 years in Art college back in the day, followed by 30 years in graphic design. The pre-set options are VERY good indeed, the sim itself selected Medium for my set-up. The only option I changed was to the Garmin screen refresh rate, from Low to Medium, and my FPS is locked to 20. It does drop to 10 over cities with the occasional stutter, but there are no pauses or repeated stutters/microstutters which were a plague with the 4k monitor. I have VSync On in the sim, with VSync On and Half Refresh Rate in NVidia Control Panel.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Appreciate all the responses.

After some head scratching I figured out that it was actually my VR headset that was causing some weird issues. I dug into some threads with advice and realized that the recommended settings for Oculus 2 have been significantly updated, because of the O2's updates. I was going off of old recommended settings.

With the new settings, everything's working like a dream again.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out - AND happy that it wasn't the sim causing the issues.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx