747 Auto-Pilot Question

I'm very-much used to the FSX default 747 and am a two-week user of FS2020.

Before I ask my question, to be clear, I'm not referring to the new AI feature that lets a user sit and basically be a passenger and the AI flys the complete flight for you without any inputs from you. I'm talking about the auto-pilot in which the auto-pilot within the actual aircraft is turned-on/off by the user, and the user can control inputs by using the auto-pilot panel in the cockpit.

My question is, is it true that in FS2020, the 747 auto-pilot doesn't work at all? I've tried dozens of flights and it doesn't seem to work at all.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

Well then you are very fortunate. It doesn't work for me at all. Lots of people on the web saying it doesn't work.

So I tried to load up a different plane, the King Air. Started a flight, uggg . . . . cockpit screens are just black. So I googled it. Yup, you guessed it, another bug being reported by many others.

Seriously. I've tried to fly two planes in FS2020 so far and neither of them have worked.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

Well then you are very fortunate. It doesn't work for me at all. Lots of people on the web saying it doesn't work.

So I tried to load up a different plane, the King Air. Started a flight, uggg . . . . cockpit screens are just black. So I googled it. Yup, you guessed it, another bug being reported by many others.

Seriously. I've tried to fly two planes in FS2020 so far and neither of them have worked.

There is a known bug currently that the planes will sometimes start on the runway with no screens. Just hit Escape and then RESTART and it will work.

As for the 747, I’ve had no problems with the autopilot. Maybe check YouTube for some vids about it to see if you’re doing something wrong?

It does not work like FSX.

You have to learn modes.

Ok. I didn't understand about the modes. But I will watch the video and give it a try.

Thanks for the replies from others as well.