cannot run the sim unless I download the whole app again!

I managed to get the sim up & running when it first came out but after checking for updates I am informed by the official site that i have to d/l 155 gigs! I have asked about this before but its been a while as I just haven't had the time until now. It will cost me a lot of money to re download the thing. It seems strange as I am informed I have the sim installed already by the official site. Specs; Windows 10 -64 bit/MB BIOS 1.80/Motherboard model 8450/Gaming pro Carbon AC (ms-7885)/Graphics card Radeon CX 5500TT/ 232GB space on C drive & 931GB on F drive.I must have tried to run it over 20 times & all I get is the 'Intro' with music then a check for updates then told its installed but need to d/l 155gigs which takes hours and is not cheap.Any help appreciated as I'd love to get it going again. Cheers, Rod

I've had it since September, and never had any problems like this. Seems very strange, unless your files got corrupted with a bad hard drive or something. I guess you just have to do it, and hope it doesn't happen again.

Why expensive time consuming but not expensive

Perhaps he has a data limit, or Internet via Satellite??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality