ATC assigns incorrect runway

I suspect this is an issue with MSFS/Asobo, but I filed my first plan in SimBrief, specifically picking RWY6 at KRSW and also picking that in in the flight plan mode in the CJ4.

Sure enough, when I start the game at the world map screen, it correctly assigns RWY6 as my choice, but I don't want to start there. I like to start cold and dark at some parking ramp and do the whole startup thing. I also like to punch in my flight planning while sitting there before I spool up the engines. So, I select a parking spot in the world map and...the game switches the runway from 6 to 24. Problem is, if I try to change that, the game FREAKING CHANGES MY FLIGHT PLAN! I dislike this very much as it's highly annoying. This has happened several times before when using LNM for my plans.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and ignore ATC to proceed to RWY24 and take off from RWY6. Nobody stopped me, no cops in the air to take me down. Except ATC relentlessly hounding me to descend to 7000 to prepare for landing, despite being well over a hundred NM away.

I remember seeing an option in ATC to request a different runway, but I didn't see it this time. What am I missing? Ugh...so annoying!

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

If the wind at the airport was out of the southwest, then the ATC will select runway 24. If no wind, then it will select the runway that has ILS, so if Rwy 24 has ILS and Rwy 6 doesn't, chances are it will select 24 over 6. If neither of the above, it will send you to the nearest starting point, so it you are closer to 24 then 6, it will send you to 24. This is also a problem in other versions of Flight Simulation as well

If the wind at the airport was out of the southwest, then the ATC will select runway 24. If no wind, then it will select the runway that has ILS, so if Rwy 24 has ILS and Rwy 6 doesn't, chances are it will select 24 over 6. If neither of the above, it will send you to the nearest starting point, so it you are closer to 24 then 6, it will send you to 24. This is also a problem in other versions of Flight Simulation as well

I was about to answer similarly: the realism factor dictates that you shouldn’t actually be flying from whatever runway you want. Instead, wind patterns dictate it and the ATC AI reflects that realism (by and large).

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Anyone fly into Daytona FL? There is a major bump in the runway. Every time I land, the plane hits some sort of Crack in the runway and it flips the plane. I have tried 747's all the way down to a Cessna 172. Come someone fly into Daytona and see if it's thw sim or me . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Anyone fly into Daytona FL? There is a major bump in the runway. Every time I land, the plane hits some sort of Crack in the runway and it flips the plane. I have tried 747's all the way down to a Cessna 172. Come someone fly into Daytona and see if it's thw sim or me . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

There are 6 runways. Which one? Is this KDAB?

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

At times, I find ATC to be totally unrealistic in selecting active runways. Recently, I have been flying into airports with 20 knot winds coming roughly from the southwest. Rather than selecting a runway such as 24 or 20, ATC directs me to land on runway 6 or 2. My landing speed is thus hopelessly fast. Obviously, I land in a more appropriate direction, but it does destroy the illusion of ATC being helpful.

I agree... I have totally stopped using the AI ATC, every time I ask for clearance, the AI ATC assigns a runway which is opposite to what it should be... If winds are 230/12 (example), ATC should assign 27 (from YYJ), but they often assign 09 or worse 14... Ever tried to fly an A320 off rwy 14 (5001 ft) in Victoria???