A318 recommendation for FS9

ussmidway

I've used both of the freeware Project Airbus and IFDG, but would like to pick up a payware baby bus. I have a thing for the little airliners like the A318 and B735. Grateful for any suggestions.

It's interesting how one would upgrade their PC to be able to fly the most recent Sims but yet I keep going back to fs9. I was never really a big user over the years of payware so I'm starting to dabble in that a bit.

Check out this site's library, you have 11 pages of A318 freeware downloads available. Go into the library and "let your fingers do the walking!"

I have FSX, but I have a lot of FS9 downloads in my inventory! I, too, like the smaller Airbus!

Another favorite is the A300 Airbus, some very nice downloads of those also!

Rick :cool:

Funny you mention Project Airbus, for some strange reason none of them work on my setup, everytime I have tried one I get an error, others work fine.

I think in your search you will get spoilt for choice, at one time there was hardly a day went by without an Airbus in the library.

Don't forget there are a few other similar sized airliners too worth a look besides Airbus and Boeing.

Col.

Hi,

I've got the Wilco/Feelthere Airbus Evo 1 (A318 --> A321). I run it on Win7x64 Pro (no compatibility mode) without too much problems.

Using WinXP SP3 compatibility mode breaks the weather radar (on my PC at least).

The FlyByWire works OK. The AP/AT does have some quirks. But I've learned to work around them...

Regards,

DDP.

So I purchased the Wilco today. Just my luck, I was getting an instant CTD when clicking fly now. I managed to temporarily resolve the issue by downloading a registry fix for the Wilco, but I still have the problem maybe 25% of the time. And it also crashes when I exit. Still trying to fix the issue... Edited by Agent00729

So I purchased the Wilco today. Just my luck, I was getting an instant CTD when clicking fly now. I managed to temporarily resolve the issue by downloading a registry fix for the Wilco, but I still have the problem maybe 25% of the time. And it also crashes when I exit. Still trying to fix the issue...

May be how it functions on Win 10. Good luck finding a solution.

Mark Daniels

Hi,

So I purchased the Wilco today. Just my luck, I was getting an instant CTD when clicking fly now. I managed to temporarily resolve the issue by downloading a registry fix for the Wilco, but I still have the problem maybe 25% of the time. And it also crashes when I exit. Still trying to fix the issue...

What folder do you have FS9 installed in? If it's the default /Program Files (x86), that may be the issue...

Regards,

DDP.

Hi,

What folder do you have FS9 installed in? If it's the default /Program Files (x86), that may be the issue...

Regards,

DDP.

It’s not in program files, but I know that causes issues as you said. I managed to get it to not CTD, but I have to load in the Cessna and switch to the airbus. Also, it still CTD on exit. Also I’ve noticed wild frame fluctuations, especially in the VC, and major stuttering. Ran the DXT fixer but didn’t find any issue textures so not sure. Anyone else experience this?

Edited by Agent00729

Thanks. I applied the registry fix earlier, although not sure if it made too much of a difference. Other than the CTD and frame fluctuations I like the product. I had issues with the bank angle on the autopilot but I think I figured it out. The plane would miss waypoints because it wouldn’t turn sharp enough. I turned off the bank limits and think that solved it though. Or maybe it’s just my inexperience with Airbus

This is a long shot but have you tried changing the air file from another airbus, I've done that in the past and sometimes it does make a difference?

Remember to keep the original though so you can change it back.

aircraft cfg

sim=(new air file)

Col.

This is a long shot but have you tried changing the air file from another airbus, I've done that in the past and sometimes it does make a difference?

Remember to keep the original though so you can change it back.

aircraft cfg

sim=(new air file)

Col.

Thanks for the tip. How would I go about doing this? And you mean from another Wilco airbus? All the Wilcos have this issue for me.

No I meant from another model Airbus of the same or similar type.

Just copy the air file and put it in the your troublesome Airbus folder and change the name on the aircraft cfg like I posted above.

You can keep the original in there it won't be used as the cfg will now point to the new air file, like I said if it doesn't work or do anything then change it back.

Col.

Sadly it will always CTD on exit, in both 7 and 10. I don't remember if this happened in XP also. Sometimes, if I turn off both APU and FD, I might not get the problem, but it's not guaranteed.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Sadly it will always CTD on exit, in both 7 and 10. I don't remember if this happened in XP also. Sometimes, if I turn off both APU and FD, I might not get the problem, but it's not guaranteed.

Ahh ok, well I guess I’m not the only one. Do you also get frame fluctuations in the VC?