Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSX versus FS2004 - Should I install FSX ( I cannot run FS2020 on my computer)

Yes, stick with FS9 for now - you probably will have a lot of stutters with FSX, plus low FPS with you current system...

I've used FS2004 until recently when I bought a new PC and migrated to every sim afterwards... FSX, P3d, Xplane and MSFS.... as a very experienced developer I can tell you, FS2004 is way better than FSX, you can find lots of addons and scenery you wont find in X. fps are great in old systems and updating it is very easy.... you can even use many free addons to make it look par to FSX. and it has many many aircraft not available for X.... So I highly recommend to stay in the 9. and go directly to MSFS as soon as you have a new PC. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    They are? That’s a new one.
    Maybe I spoke out of turn then. I figured that FS9 was so old, there would not be addons that are still being produced for this version. that's all.

Basically, if your system is borderline capable of FSX, use FS9; with decent mesh and terrain upgrades it will look better, run more smoothly, and be more stable. Trying FSX, by the time you cut back on enough options to make it run smoothly (stability is a different matter), it will look worse than FS9 while still consuming more resources.

Now just personal opinion but I want nothing to do with FS2020; essentially you buy a client which allows you to access the cloud based sim. Beyond online multiplayer games I want no games on my system that will not be completely functional if said system is not even connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyguybc View Post
    Maybe I spoke out of turn then. I figured that FS9 was so old, there would not be addons that are still being produced for this version. that's all.
    Developers also left FSX eons ago. FS9 still has mountain loads of stuff available. Some if it now freeware or discounted. For your system it will be much easier to run.

Thanks to everyone for your awesome comments and suggestions.

Lots of food for thought for me and given what I have read will likely just stick with FS9 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jgf View Post
    I want no games on my system that will not be completely functional if said system is not even connected to the internet.
    Totally agree! FS2020 is a pile of poo poo so there's that as well.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Developers also left FSX eons ago. FS9 still has mountain loads of stuff available. Some if it now freeware or discounted. For your system it will be much easier to run.
    FS9 still has major things "potentially" coming though a long way away.
    Mark Daniels

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Whether it's FS 2002 or MSFS 2020, flying an Approach follows the same procedures. The PAPI lights stay the same.

The only thing that really changes is what it looks like outside the perspex.

Stick with Nine, and just fly! 👍😄

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen
    AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12