Custom 1957 de Havilland Beaver Seaplane

I would really love to see this available for MSFS 2020, when flying vr in the bush in British Columbia the de Havilland Beaver Seaplane is the perfect, Is it possible for someone to make I'm sure it will be a good seller.........

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Are there any good seaplanes out there already?

Besides the Ikon and Grumann Goose I mean. The Goose is super cool btw.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I too am eagerly awaiting a DH Beaver or Otter.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

If, with a very slim chance I ever won the lottery I would buy one of these custom jobs and take up flying lessons along with moving back to BC!!! Pity the Airstream caravan don't fly I would hitch one up on the rear ha

I really do hope someone takes this project up for FS2020......

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

A twotter would nearly be as good as a Beaver. I actually sat next to the pilot in a Beaver out of Vancouver (Harbor Air) on a scenic flight - it was great.

How do you know that Aeosoft are working an a twotter as I couldn't find anything at the web site?

Edited by jparnold

John

A twotter would nearly be as good as a Beaver. I sat next to the pilot in a Beaver out of Vancouver (Harbor Air) on a scenic flight - it was great.

Nice!

Though I lived close by, I've never actually been inside a Beaver or floatplane, parked or flying!

At the south of CYVR Vancouver Intl, there is a sizeable seaplane operation there, with two different docks for different companies, and a water ramp to grab the seaplanes and haul them out of the water. Strange vehicles, they usually take an old car or truck and cut the back end off!

In this second video, that's actually at the very ramp at CYVR, and the wooden building on wood poles, serves two functions: that's where the seaplane passengers check in, and give their luggage, before walking down to the floating dock, and the majority of the building is a restaurant bar/grill called "The Flying Beaver"! I've probably been there 10 times in the past, and is always fun during a lunch or Friday night! Eat a nice meal, have a cold one, while chatting with good people, and watch the Otters and Beavers either come and go, or just gently rock to the tiny wave action... no cover charge, not any more expensive than any other bar/grill/restaurant, but the view is awesome!

I did get a short ride in a Twotter though, Air Force, when I was young, and they pulled some 2 or 3 G turns to amuse us! They wanted us to all sign up as fighter pilots, or at least be inspired to!

How do you know that Aeosoft are working an a twotter as I couldn't find anything at the web site?

They even have screenshots, work in progress:

https://fselite.net/previews/aerosoft-shares-series-of-previews-for-twin-otter-in-msfs/

Edited by Herc79

WOW. I have never seen such strange looking vehicles.

Thanks for the link to the twotter is progress.

This is of Vancouver harbor where we had the scenic flight in a Beaver (not my video) and it shows some Beavers. The only downside was that the pilot was very uninterested in us and hardly spoke.

John

I can't wait for the Aerosoft Twotter to be released and more so someone to create a Beaver so that I can do seaplane flights around Vancouver, Sechelt (there is already reasonable scenery there in MSFS), Comox, Tofino, Nanaimo, Victoria etc. BC has such great scenery. I know that I can do this with the A5 but the older 'workhorses' are better especially the Beaver with its piston engine and non glass instruments panel. Edited by jparnold

John

Is that twotter by Aerosoft and amphibian?

I certainly hope so as I cannot find any of the water airports I used to use in FSX not even the ones in larger cities such as Victoria and Vancouver. Water airports exist in FSX with docks etc as parking locations which can be selected as departure location. I cannot find ANY in MSFS and if I simply select a custom start point (in the water) the flight starts in the AIR not on the water.

Since the A5 amphibian is included I would have thought that there should be a few water airports.

Wow there is a lot to be desired in MSFS. I should have waited a couple of years before moving from FSX!

John

I have found an addon floatplane at https://mega.nz/file/69IFxKwT#XET7bX999hIqDsdp_mPmxs0EpFkNcr8idkmjZW7eCac

it is a X CUB float variation.

I have also found a (addon) water airport at https://flightsim.to/file/1915/como-alzate-brianza-milano-bresso which is at a lake in Italy.

Selecting the airport (ICAO LILY) you will see it displayed as follows which is deceptive as it seems that the airport is on land not water. The selectable runways are displayed as 01W and 19W (W for water) and the parking locations are displayed as Ramp 1, 2 and 3 when when selected also display (DOCK).

LILY SELECT.jpg

Selecting parking Ramp3 it is displayed as follows -

LILY RAMP 3 DOCK.jpg

Edited by jparnold
found x cub float variation

John

Wow... thank you marjal!!

From his posted link: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155894-aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter/

ok so the Aerosoft Twin Otter project looks to be in VERY good hands. Will be visually upgraded from the earlier FSX version that was well received. No discount for owners of previous versions, as this is a complete rebuild.

Aerosoft expects to be released "Summer" of this year 2021.

There will be explanatory videos just like they did for the CRJ, the Twin Otter was their second aircraft for MSFS-2020, and an Airbus will be their 3rd product for this sim (no idea of ETA or what type/variant but it should be after the Twotter). It will be available in the in-game store, and at Aerosoft's store, simMarket, and about 10 other stores.

They are asking for livery/repaint suggestions. Widerøe (Norway!!) , Fiji Link, Air Maldives, Loganair, British Airways (yes they had a few!! Strange considering they normally fly widebody heavies!), Japan Airlines, Canadian Airforce CC-138, Harbor Air, Kenmore Air and Kenn Borek Air are among the most popular suggestions! Norlandair TF-NLC is the first livery already shown in dev screenshots (Red grey white livery), and Aklak Air C-GDHC is the second (powder blue top,white bottom).

I think they should add these: C-FCSU DHC.6 Twin Otter 300 Canada Coast Guard out of CYVR, and also West Coast Air:

C-FCSU de Havilland Canada DHC.6 Twin Otter 300 Canada Coast Guard YVR 31AUG00

Is anyone already signed in at Aerosoft forums and could suggest these for me?

Some scratch and scuffs, dirt and dust are planned so that it doesn't look "factory floor before first flight" pristine, but rather an actual working aircraft well cared for. The rivets are in all the right places, interior insulation and seats all look outstanding, as does the exterior. They are using professional tools, at this moment the main tools are 3dsMax, Photoshop and Substance Painter.

It may (or may not) have a copilot, and while the one they were testing looks fairly realistic, the devs admitted they want to have one that doesn't look like a "serial killer", LOL!! I think if they do include the copilot, it will be optional since they know many people would rather an empty seat.

Short nose, long nose, cargo and passenger variants. Skydiver variant. Tundra tires (the giant cartoonish tires for landing on rocks and beaches, soft ground), regular tires, skiis, seaplane floats, anphibious floats (with fold out wheels) are all planned, though some versions might not be available at launch but in later updates.

They are not interested in making a Viking -400 version with a glass cockpit, instead wanting -100 and -300 versions with steam gauges that most Otters have. It will have original autopilot, the "Microsoft" default GNS 530 GPS system, that is being upgraded for better/more realism by another dev team: "Working Title" who works for Microsoft. It will also have some "modern gauges", though they didn't elaborate on that. Since MFS uses decals even super small text on gauges can be perfectly sharp.

They will be trying to make the PT-6 behave more realistic than default aircraft, but they aren't sure if they'll succeed in doing so.

This is however intended as a medium priced product that will be usable on Xbox consoles (we have already mapped all the controls we need toi the buttons and axis on Xbox controllers etc). Do not read that in any way as an indication it will be a simplified model, it's not. It's just that there will be a lot of Xbox users and we want to include them.

These are the versions that are planned for sure. Might not be all in the initial release though, we'll see.

DHC6-100 Floater Cargo

DHC6-100 Floater Passenger

DHC6-100 Wheel

DHC6-300 Amphibian

DHC6-300 Float

DHC6-300 Ski/Wheel

DHC6-300 Tundra Wheel Cargo

DHC6-300 Tundra Wheel Passenger

DHC6-300 Standard Wheel Cargo (3 blade prop)

DHC6-300 Standard Wheel Cargo (4 blade prop)

DHC6-300 Standard Wheel Passenger (3 blade prop)

Also in the thread, Mathijs Kok Aerosoft Forum Administrator said... :

As we have expanded our internal aircraft development team we are now able to run two full size projects at the same time.

!!! :D

Microsoft and Asobo are incredibly communicative and do a lot to assist us. There is a lot to learn, but the result should be a massive step upwards from what is possible in P3D V5.

Good to hear... but then I'd expect nothing less for MS to be very helpful to an industry giant like Aerosoft and a few others in particular (like PMDG).

He also said:

These short range aircraft always get the highest sales numbers. The A330's and 777 get the big attention, but not the most customers.

Which is interesting, but considering many virtual pilots want to do a single flight in one sitting without time compression, shorter range aircraft might be more desirable to students, married fathers, very busy professionals and so on. It could explain why their first product was the modern jet CRJ for shorter flights of an hour or two.

He ALSO SAID:

Okay, I officially put a Beaver project on our project management system....

No estimate about when a Beaver DHC-2 will be started... but it's awesome to me that it's planned!!

Edit: not that it's very relevant to this thread topic, but they also plan to release the airport at Paderborn/Lippstadt for free, so that's a nice gift!

Edited by Herc79

Thanks for the info and update.

I can't wait. Bring it on.

John

I know that I can do this with the A5 but the older 'workhorses' are better especially the Beaver with its piston engine and non glass instruments panel.

They may not have piston engines for ever though.

https://skiesmag.com/news/harbour-air-goal-operating-electric-seaplane-fleet/

Wonder if this model would be included in Aerosoft's future Beaver project?

Edited by loki

They may not have piston engines for ever though.

https://skiesmag.com/news/harbour-air-goal-operating-electric-seaplane-fleet/

Wonder if this model would be included in Aerosoft's future Beaver project?

That is absolutely incredible. I have seen plenty of electric powered model aircraft would never have thought it was possible for anything but a single seat full sized aircraft to be propelled by electric motor.

John

New Twin Otter dev screenshots, and company rep says it'll definately be released this year!

These are of the amphibian variant:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155894-aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter/page/18/

On other pages you can see a few closeups that show an incredible attention to texture quality... the discoloration on the PT-6 exhaust from the heat cycles... incredible!

Check this page, scroll down to the bottom post, and look at the one with the prop and exhaust...

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155894-aerosoft-aircraft-twin-otter/page/10/

Also notice the exhaust soot on the wing, hidden mostly by the black paint... yet they took enough care and attention to detail, to make the dull soot appearance. C'est incroyable!

:D

company rep says it'll definately be released this year!

There is a lot of time left this year. I hope it is sooner than later.

Are you on the 'test team'? If so lucky you.

John

Me? No, I wish!

I'm not even sure there is outsiders even testing it at all yet. They seem to be waiting for the newest patch update to FS, because supposedly there's going to be a better system for the turboprop behavior in that patch. I'm guessing the testing will begin after they adapt to the new programming content, and then see how it all behaves. Then after internal testing, maybe they do a few weeks or month of outsider testing, but no, I wouldn't be part of that. I'm no SME on such things, just have a love of deHavilland aircraft!

just have a love of deHavilland aircraft!

You would be too young to remember the DH Dragon Rapide. As a very young boy, in the 1950's my parents often drove past an aerodrome (what they used to be called) and there was a Dragon Rapide (didn't know what they were at the time) sitting next to the road at the aerodrome for joy flights and I longed to go but never did. Nearby was a De Havilland factory http://vhjet.com/blog/tag/de-havilland-aircraft-bankstown/

John

Long ago that was a real treat to go see the Otters and Beavers in the downtown harbour... basically grew up seeing that probably twice a year... they were really quite busy in the summer afternoons!

I recently saw that they seem to be getting about 40-50% of their normal passenger volume, so I hope they can hold on!