Corsair NZ5545

• 5 weeks later...

Jan, that first screenshot is just so cool. I love it!

It's cool to see the "Corsair" Corsair represented as a skin but there are a few things wrong with it, I'm hoping they can be corrected. Period photos show a darker topside blue, and roundels are totally different - my friend who handles colour scheme research for the Air Force Museum of New Zealand says the yellow ring on the fuselage roundel shouldn't be so pale, for instance.

OhG1647-53

a few things wrong he says...

OK, that pic shows a lot more detail than I had available.

I used the Milviz color as a base, since I wasn't sure about the real color. I can make it the same darker blue I used on my later paints if you want, no problem. I see only one overall color on the large pic, no darker topside like you mention, but perhaps you have more info?

As for the roundels, on your pic it seems as if the white paper continue over the yellow circle, I can adapt that. Same for the blue outline on the bars which seems to be missing here.

The roundel, including the color of the yellow I lifted of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RNZAF_roundel_1943-46.svg, but I can easily correct that. But remember, I'm colorblind, so I need a picture with the right colors for the yellow or an RGB code or something similar, a description like ' a bit more towards orange' or similar is pointless for me, can't see the difference anyway.

I now also see the 'Corsair' logo on this side is not in the right position, I only had a picture from the other side that I used for inspiration, so we can correct that as well.

Anything else?

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

• 1 month later...
I love the Corsair and I am getting the hang of it but I noticed early that rudder effectiveness seems to drop off and is not even useable until about 75-80 knots. Realistically I think it should be effective as low as 50 knots...? Also, remember that the rudder is the first and last control surface to begin functioning. I was taught IRL to keep my hands off the ailerons and use the rudder only in power-on and power-off stalls. Yes. I know the difference between tailwheel steering and locked-tailwheel rudder usage. I always have to use asymmetric brakes to keep it straight on takeoff and landing which has made me veer off into the mailboxes, especially with even light-moderate crosswinds, on more times than I am comfortable with. Anyone know how to increase rudder effectiveness? I am not touching my rudder-pedal settings either. They are great where they are. :confused::mad::(:confused::o:o Edited by Ducktooth
added info
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10